PDA

View Full Version : Sheep hunting partener

sheephunter1
08-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Ok what if your headed sheep hunting and just before your to leave your partener call and says he has broken his hand,your packed the flights booked. Now what.Do you cancel or go by yourself cause this just happened to me this morning.
And here is my joke

5 Minute Management Course

Lesson 1:

A man is getting into the shower just as his wife is finishing up her shower, when the doorbell rings.

The wife quickly wraps herself in a towel and runs downstairs.

When she opens the door, there stands Bob, the next-door neighbour.

Before she says a word, Bob says, 'I'll give you $800 to drop that towel.'

After thinking for a moment, the woman drops her towel and stands naked in front of Bob, after a few seconds, Bob hands her $800 and leaves.

The woman wraps back up in the towel and goes back upstairs.

When she gets to the bathroom, her husband asks, 'Who was that?'

'It was Bob the next door neighbour,' she replies.

'Great,' the husband says, 'did he say anything about the $800 he owes me?'

Moral of the story:

If you share critical information pertaining to credit and risk with your shareholders in time, you may be in a position to prevent avoidable exposure.

Lesson 2:

A priest offered a Nun a lift..

She got in and crossed her legs, forcing her gown to reveal a leg.

The priest nearly had an accident.

After controlling the car, he stealthily slid his hand up her leg.

The nun said, 'Father, remember Psalm 129?'

The priest removed his hand But, changing gears, he let his hand slide up her leg again.

The nun once again said, 'Father, remember Psalm 129?'

The priest apologized 'Sorry sister but the flesh is weak.'

Arriving at the convent, the nun sighed heavily

and went on her way.

On his arrival at the church, the priest rushed to look up Psalm 129. It said, 'Go forth and seek, further up, you will find glory.'

proguide66
08-25-2011, 09:21 PM
Tell Cindy to "suck it up" as you dont hike on your hands!:razz:

smoothbor
08-25-2011, 09:24 PM
The guy I went sheep hunting with this year passed a kidney stone on the mountain....didnt stop him....LOL

cavebear
08-25-2011, 09:25 PM
only you know what your capable of doing safely but if you decide to go on your own buy a spot.

The Silent Stalker
08-25-2011, 10:56 PM
x2 on the Spot purchase. I will never do another solo mission in the bush without one. I have even thought of one of those portable perimeter alarms for the tent, give you an extra chance to get your rifle or shotty in your hands. Tell Nancy to lift his skirt and get on the plane. He can cook for you at least. Haha.

fireguy
08-25-2011, 11:14 PM
I have done solo sheep hunting in the southern part of B.C. but not up north yet. The first time I went I took a guy from argentina that was visiting my uncle and was looking for something to do for a week to experiance B.C. and Canada. He didn't speak any english and boy did he experiance Canada at its best, a hike in stone sheep hunt in october up by muncho lake. I passed on a ram I should have taken because there was a monster at the top of the mountian but both him and I will never forget that hunt.

buford19
08-25-2011, 11:33 PM
Unless its his triger hand, he better be on the plane with you.

Deaddog
08-26-2011, 07:08 AM
tell him to take his pain killers and get his ass up the mountain.....

Lucky77_
08-26-2011, 07:22 AM
Just go, and have a plan for getting out alive

sheephunter1
08-26-2011, 07:47 AM
Well its going to be a solo trip
I didn't spend all year getting ready to go to have this stop me.
It's going to be an extra cost in fuel for me but I can live with that .
The good thing is I wont be arguing who is going to shoot first.

odie1830
08-26-2011, 11:54 AM
Its only a hand! you have 2 of them! just camo up the cast

horse280
08-26-2011, 12:29 PM
Atta Boy! plan for the worst and experience the best,just dont take chances skipping through the boulders like you are in a python skit!Take the SPOT.leave some one a rough itinerrary and keep marching upward,I cannot wait to hear the best story you'll ever tell when you get back. UP THE IRONS!!!...the horse

BCbillies
08-26-2011, 12:52 PM
The guy I went sheep hunting with this year passed a kidney stone on the mountain....didnt stop him....LOL

Ouch!!! Gotta drink more water before it gets to this.

I bet you solo hunted for a few days?

sheephunter1
08-26-2011, 01:45 PM
I've done it , I've bought new two man tent (asolo) and a sat phone
I'm off Tuesday, So if I get eaten up by a bear I sure hell hope I taste good!

d6dan
08-26-2011, 01:49 PM
I've done it , I've bought new two man tent (asolo) and a sat phone
I'm off Tuesday, So if I get eaten up by a bear I sure hell hope I taste good!

Well, have a great trip and be careful!. Looking forward to your story and pics. Solo's can be a great trip and a humbling experience. Oh, and maybe you should take along a 338WM for company?:-?

Buck
08-26-2011, 03:30 PM

I have some perkoset just for that as it has happened to me on a hunt before.Ouch

ramron
08-26-2011, 07:26 PM
If you feel comfortable about going by yourself go for it. Think of it as a venture quest. Just be more careful than normal.

elkdom
08-26-2011, 07:44 PM
broke my right wrist a few years ago, just 3 or 4 days before the GOS 6 point elk season, so I figured screw it, my wrist hurts, its in a cast, Im going hunting elk in spite of that, well out I go opening morning, by 7am, I am face to face with a screaming 6x bull elk at 30 feet, boom!.338 Win mag,, my wrist hurts, my wrist swells, my head swells,,,,
so I gutted it,( I was alone) used a power saw to make trail through the bush, used my winch cable over the roof of my Yota 4x4 to skid the whole bull bull up into my truck box, brought the whole elk to butcher shop, dam the broken wrist,,,,,,

all's swell, that ends swell,,,
where there's a will, there's a way,,

where there's NO will, there's NO way !

sheephunter1
08-29-2011, 06:19 PM
Is there any one interested in taging along on a sheep hunt.
You pay half of your share of the flight and I will pick up the cost of driveing
Rather then getting into the details if interested just PM me.Im ready to leave asp
Im leaving reguardless ,Its my wife that has to worry about me while Im gone,im doing this for her.
I would like to see someone with experince,it will be needed.
Thanks

srupp
08-29-2011, 07:23 PM
I sorely wish I was in better shape, younger, didnt have 2 ruined knees ...I truley wish I could be there...be careful...think before you do anything....and enjoy yourself...

oh ya take lots of photos of that GRONK ram..

cheers

Steven

springpin
08-29-2011, 07:39 PM
Go man go!!

lightmag
08-30-2011, 06:55 AM
pick me ill go with you