PDA

View Full Version : September 1st

Livewire322
08-24-2011, 07:01 PM
well its that time of year boys and girls only a week until the open of the season for most areas (bows/ or junior hunting) and i for one am stoked.

i just got back from a week long road trip to Cali and i stopped at Cabelas in Oregon as well as the one in Lacey, bought myself a new set of camo clothes a hat; coyote calls; a rifle rest for sighting in; and a duck call as well as 6 pack of duck decoys.

im going to be doing my last junior hunt, as college is going to restrict the rest of the year.

deer from the first to Monday... ducks on sat/Sunday, coyotes from the first onward.

got a .270 Winchester Parker & hale for grad and im going to use it this year, be using the ole' 12 ga for the quakers... about time i start cleaning both for tip top performance.

Happy hunting to all.

nano
08-24-2011, 07:27 PM
Good luck, This year will be pretty tight for me with school already started but I still will get out and make things happen.

adamgarbett
08-24-2011, 08:12 PM
im going to sleep in my blind next wednesday night to try to ding the buck ive been watching for the last few weeks at first light :)

todbartell
08-24-2011, 08:15 PM
a week today I'll be havin a few after dinner whiskeys in elk camp, anticipating what will be in store for us over the next week

life is good

champs
08-24-2011, 09:10 PM
YAHOOO i cannot wait to take my son out for an overnight in the high alpine, hoping to scope out a muley on opening day. how woudl that be for a first time first year hunter!

Cbuck
08-25-2011, 08:35 AM
I'll hopefully be looking around for black bear on day one in region 3.

mxracer328
08-25-2011, 10:52 AM
cant wait to get out this year, had to postpone my hunt on the long weekend due to a mill shutdown tho, oh well more moeny for hunting gear i guess

Steeleco
08-25-2011, 11:09 AM
I've got two kids with mixed emotions, hunting is only a week away, but school is only a week after that. Dad's stoked for both reasons!!!!

pg83
08-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Hitting the alpine for deer with a LEH goat draw in the same area over the long weekend. Won't get out much in between until November for moose.

Ghillie
08-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Stoked for elk and whitetail opening up! Gonna hold out for a big elk as I have 5 months to do it :D (Drew an LEH for either sex elk Dec1 - Feb28 ) and we will probably have a freezerfull since my dad got the same draw. Its gonna have to be a montser, wall mounting, mouth drooling, heavy mass, towerin tines whitey buck for me to pull the trigger on it, maybe not even try for WT and go for GOS Sheep or Goat? Ahh the joys of the outdoors :)
Happy hunting!