PDA

View Full Version : Quesnel/Blackwater

kean
09-05-2006, 10:17 AM
Got moose draw for 5-13 but haven't hunted there for a few years. 2 or 3 years ago it looked like they were about to do a lot of logging of the beetle kill. I am wondering if much logging has taken place in the last two years around the Kevin Lake areas. Any info appreciated.

Schmaus
09-05-2006, 12:24 PM
Without looking at a map I don't know where Kevin lake is. I hunted around the border of 5-13 and region 7 last year down the Pelican fsr and there is a tonne of beetlekilled timber in there. They have been just logging the heck out of the whole area. You will have to get used to hunting a lot of cuts and find pockets of timber that the game holds up in. The area looks a lot different now than a couple of years ago.

oldtimer
09-05-2006, 06:39 PM
I live up here and not sure where Kevin lake is either. As to the logging of bug kill timber it is going on everywhere. Some hills look like moonscapes with the size of the blocks. Having said that I have seen zero reduction in game. Bears, wolves, deer , moose,wabbitts, grouse,and those elusive pine cougars are still everywhere. Mike

kean
09-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Kevin Lake has a campsite. It's north of Pelican Lk, right against the north boundary of 5-13 & 7-11.