PDA

View Full Version : Anti-hunting Park Service Personnel

rollingrock
09-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Well I took my family to a provincial park this long week end. I checked the synopsis before we took off, hunting is allowed in the park. I also checked with BC Parks, the same answer. That's a nice area, at least it looks quite promising but is very steep and thick. The next day a park service lady came around to collect camping fee. So I thought it might be a good idea to ask her a few questions to get some info. To my surprise as soon as I brought up the topic, she said that she was against hunting and had never heard about any hunting activities in this park. So the hose was turned off!:twisted: Anyone here has had similar experience? A tree-hugging BC Parks employee driving around to serve hunters? Oh gimme a break!

Steeleco
09-05-2006, 09:04 AM
You do find all the nice people in the bush!!!!
There's a new breed of tree huggers on the loose, they look like normal people!!!! :eek::eek:

GoatGuy
09-05-2006, 01:51 PM
PM sent............

PGKris
09-05-2006, 04:25 PM
That wasn't a BCParks employee I'll bet ya 10:1.....she was what they call a PFO (park facility operator) and they don't like anybody or anything...lol....some of em can be downright miserable.

Gateholio
09-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Was she hot?

How did she rate ont he beer scale?8-)

PGKris
09-05-2006, 04:34 PM
^^^
*Sigh* Back in fine form are we? Got the kinks worked out? lol

O.S.O.K.
09-05-2006, 04:34 PM
That wasn't a BCParks employee I'll bet ya 10:1.....she was what they call a PFO (park facility operator) and they don't like anybody or anything...lol....some of em can be downright miserable.

I'm with PGKris on this one..... apparently theyaren't good enough to make BCParks, so they are disgruntled and quite grumpy.....kinda like guys who don't make the police force and wind up as security guards.:)

overthetop
09-05-2006, 04:50 PM
I'm with you. I've had them ask me to leave before bacause there was women in the park without their husbands there and he didn't feel it was appropriatte for me to be there. I was allready(Would not have driven) half pissed and he threatened to call the cops if I didn't leave!!

rollingrock
09-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Was she hot?

How did she rate ont he beer scale?8-)

:twisted: She's in her mid 40s and looked quite boring. Ahhh...yes she's got a hump on her back, so I'd say she's beefy. :lol:

Stone Sheep Steve
09-06-2006, 04:53 AM
:twisted: She's in her mid 40s and looked quite boring. Ahhh...yes she's got a hump on her back, so I'd say she's beefy. :lol:
So we're talking kegs of beer, not bottles?:lol:

SSS

lapadat
09-06-2006, 11:46 AM
Park Facility Operators (PFO's) are employeed by a private company to operate and manage most of our Provincial Parks. They take care of firewood, garbage, fees and light security detail. They are not representatives of BC Parks or BC Min. of Environment. They are not responsible for anything related to fishing or hunting and have no authority to do so. Furthermore, they should not be giving advice or information with respect to hunting acitivies inside our Parks. This is where BC Park Rangers and Conservation Officers get involved.

If in doubt check the Regs or call the COS or Rangers.

lapadat

Schmaus
09-06-2006, 12:18 PM

Ahhh, so your saying she's a Whiskey Girl:lol: :lol: