PDA

View Full Version : I just got my first crossbow

bcRack
08-22-2011, 08:37 PM
well I did it, I went to the Wholesale store and bought a brand new crossbow. I watched the dvd and was able to assemble it no problem. It looks and feels great. Thank goodness for the cocker string.

I'm wondering if anyone will be going to the Malahat Range anytime soon and knows how and is willing to help me sight my scope in? Once it's sighted I can start practicing :-D

(I can reimburse your fuel)

Cheers!

fireguy
08-22-2011, 09:35 PM
I am nowhere near you and you don't want to reimburse my fuel.
Start at 20 yards with a large backstop, then work out at 10 yard incriments to figure out what means what on your scope.
Take your time and get a good rest so you know where thigs are lined up for sure.
When you are all diled in, shoot at different target spots so you don't wreck bolts by hitting them.
If you miss the target all together on your first few shots rocks will destroy your bolts so make sure you use a large enough backstop.
I don't know what kind of crossbow you have but the instructions should help with your start up for sighting in.
By the way any questions about crossbows/reps, ect can be found at crossbownation.com

Bow Walker
08-23-2011, 09:37 AM
May sound dumb, but start with the top dot/line/mark on the scope - that'll be your 20 yard mark. Get so that you are dead on at 20 yards with that dot.

Then work your way back as fireguy says - the calibrations of the other marks should be such that you're right on for 30, and 40 yards.

pappy
08-24-2011, 08:23 PM
crossbows are fun to shoot, I have taken family out to shoot mine after I sighted it in and my wife and sister in law were having a good time with shooting.

buzz720
08-25-2011, 12:01 AM
Here is the lesson I learned with my first crossbow this year, don't shoot it into a bare round bale. It takes a lot of effort to tear apart a bale looking for a bolt. :lol:

abbyfireguy
09-08-2011, 08:20 AM
What brand and model did you get??