PDA

View Full Version : Region 6 GOS Bull Moose

burger
08-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Hey all I need you input. We were not successful this year on getting any Bull draws so we are falling back on our plan B which is the region 6 any bull openings. Now we have a place we have gone before and have harvested our bull but we are also wanting to try some new country. We usually go down into 6-1 as we have knowledge of the area but like I said we are looking to expand.

If anyone can pass on any info as to where to go as we are not too up to speed on the region6 area would be awesome

bad dog
08-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Hey all I need you input. We were not successful this year on getting any Bull draws so we are falling back on our plan B which is the region 6 any bull openings. Now we have a place we have gone before and have harvested our bull but we are also wanting to try some new country. We usually go down into 6-1 as we have knowledge of the area but like I said we are looking to expand.

If anyone can pass on any info as to where to go as we are not too up to speed on the region6 area would be awesome

How far down in 6/1 do you know ? you know the south border ?

Darksith
08-21-2011, 05:01 PM
theres moose everywhere, I would just look for lake heads, swampy areas etc on google earth and go for it. Nothing like just giviner

burger
08-21-2011, 06:48 PM
How far down in 6/1 do you know ? you know the south border ?

No we do not know much about the south border. We have spent most time up on the red rd. Love it if you had a heads up on the southern areas.

Not looking for honey holes but more like good places to camp as well as the possibility of moose. I dont want to go somewhere that is devoid but I also do not have any problems working for a bull as well.

bad dog
08-22-2011, 01:52 AM
No we do not know much about the south border. We have spent most time up on the red rd. Love it if you had a heads up on the southern areas.

Not looking for honey holes but more like good places to camp as well as the possibility of moose. I dont want to go somewhere that is devoid but I also do not have any problems working for a bull as well.
If you got a boat try working the shore alone the resavor , beside the red road , good place to put in is apex bay on the 500 rd ,, less hunters , and you both sides of the shore ,, or the davidson rd ,,stay to the lake side ,or left going in , gravel pit ,at 119 to camp ,, ranch at 118 has cabins etc , and is on the lake , good luck !