PDA

View Full Version : Some what CHOKED!!!

Iron-Head
09-04-2006, 08:48 PM
Well this really sucks the huge one... Turns out that the fire from the states has moved into BC territory and It just happens to be right near the area for my sheep tag... :mad: and what I am hearing is that they have it 50% under control, Basically its raging and they dont have enough people to throw at it in the steep bone dry territory. My draw is for the 15th of september and if it keeps going like it is (roads closing and such) I wont be able to acces the area. Right now a majority of the fsr's and mountain access roads are already closed between manning park and just out side of princeton. Not to mention that even if I could get into the area I wouldnt be able to see more than 50 to a 100 yards infront of me!

Im one sad Symon....:frown:

Jelvis
09-04-2006, 08:54 PM
It sounds like your S O L, what a nasty trick the hunting gods played on you.

Radar
09-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Sorry to hear that, it does suck.

mainland hunter
09-04-2006, 10:55 PM
wow that sucks

Bigbuckadams
09-05-2006, 05:40 AM
That does suck, sorry about your bad fortune. Maybe get ahold of a lawyer and sue Pres. Bush, the fire probably doesn't have the required paperwork to enter Canada :lol: .

bcfarmer
09-05-2006, 06:19 AM
you'd probably need an o2 tank on hargraves ..the smoke is that bad here this morning. can't even see the mountains here never mind the trees.

hoochie
09-05-2006, 08:13 AM
I heard on the news that the fire origionated on our side, and that it was approaching the US side....
different fire?

Iron-Head
09-05-2006, 08:44 AM
Yes it is a different fire there where 2 fires if Im not mistaken and one started in Washington some where and spread... Allot.
Talk about bad luck tho a probably once in a life time tag and its muffed:frown:

bcfarmer
09-05-2006, 10:50 AM
your tags not "muffed" until dark on the last day...sheep hunters are persistent and never give up...you'll just have to get closer

Elkhound
09-05-2006, 11:36 AM
I am still hoping for rain for you Symon

Iron-Head
09-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Well thaks Dave, Hey guess what There was a 2oonie in the glasses case! I guess I'm just lucky:tongue:. BTW those glasses are awesome! Probably the coolest shades I ever seen'
Thanks allot for that donation to the bear contest!
Symon

Elkhound
09-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Your welcome.....money in the case? Lucky SOB.

You earned those glasses.....put in alot of time with no complaints, passed up numerous bears, held out for the one you wanted and then had the patience to wait for the best shot. I was proud of ya and was thrilled to be there. Enjoy the shooting glasses, they are pretty cool

Iron-Head
09-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Your welcome.....money in the case? Lucky SOB.

You earned those glasses.....put in alot of time with no complaints, passed up numerous bears, held out for the one you wanted and then had the patience to wait for the best shot. I was proud of ya and was thrilled to be there. Enjoy the shooting glasses, they are pretty cool Well, Thanks
:D

30-06
09-05-2006, 02:27 PM
if i was u i would be swearin at the american flag right now

Jelvis
09-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Get a hold of the government, Ministry of Environment tell them your situation they might give you a diffent place to hunt or refund your money back.Its worth a try.

Farmer
09-14-2006, 03:53 PM
Not much chance of a refund or different place to hunt. Back in 85, 3 of us were drawn on the Cathedral side. That was the year they were doing prescribed burning for the sheep and it got away from them. 3 or 5 year burning plan all done at once. The place was still smoldering when my brother and buddy hiked in.(I couldn't make it) The big cabin at Joe lake was the base camp for the fire crew and they had just pulled out before the guys arrived. It was the first sheep hunt for both of them and they both had opportunities (and misses). My brother did down a nice 3/4 on the last day, but they saw many legal sheep including a full curl way too close to have time to assess its headgear and get a shot. If the fire is contained and the area is reopened, the sheep will still be there. In this area fog can be as much a problem as smoke would be.
Good luck

Gord