PDA

View Full Version : Kikomun Creek Rec Site

griz660
08-20-2011, 09:11 AM
has anyone been to Kikomun Creek Rec Site before? Just wondering how the road into the site is. Map book says road is rutted, however a friends neighbour recommended it as a good place to camp. Just wondering if we would be able to take a 30 foot travel trailer in. Any info would be appreciated.

reach
08-20-2011, 10:48 AM
I was there a couple of years ago and I don't recall any trouble with the road. I believe there were trailers in there then. But hopefully somebody who lives nearby can give you more up-to-date info.

BCBill
08-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Camped there about 10 days ago. Road in does have some ruts right before the camp site, but people still manage to get some huge rigs in. 30 ft should be no problem. There is only 3 tables at this site and it gets used alot. There is lots of space to camp if you dont require a table. There is a leaning tree on the road in, you can get around it.

grizzhunter64
08-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Kikomun Creek has lots of sights at the main campground as well as other sights towards the boat launch, 2 other campgrounds along Lake Kookanusa with paved access!

gunpower
08-20-2011, 01:29 PM
This weekend and the next weekend- should be loaded with the crazy Albertians!!

BCBill
08-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Sorry I thought you meant the Forest Service rec site near Kikomun Provincial park. Of course there is paved access to the Provincial Park.