PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good game cutter and sausage maker around the Kelowna area

Tron
08-19-2011, 12:22 PM
I just moved into the area and am going to miss my old butcher. Now I am looking for a new butcher around the Kelowna area. One that cuts game and can make smoke sausage.

send me a pm with info
Thanks

doubled
08-19-2011, 12:58 PM
I just got some pepperoni made last week at pioneer meats on the westside and I have to say this is the best I have ever had.

jonz
08-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Grimms in Penticton is good.

300H&H
08-19-2011, 06:26 PM
James at Springfield Meat is the best.
He has by far the best peperoni and great bear hams.
I have also gone to Sundowner Meats in Lake Country, great cheddar and jalapeno smokies.
And Hank Penninga at Penninga Meat is good.

mark
08-19-2011, 07:00 PM
I just got some pepperoni made last week at pioneer meats on the westside and I have to say this is the best I have ever had.

Wow!!! Pioneer meats made the worst sausage Ive ever seen or tasted!
Good jerky, crap sausage!

"Illichmans" or "mission meats" for sausage!

Fishhound
08-19-2011, 07:24 PM
Sundowner meats in Winfield or Hank Paningas on Enterprise

JDR
08-19-2011, 07:35 PM

I agree, Mark. Got them to make pepperoni once and will never go there again!!

Hank Penninga is good although I haven't been there in awhile. I now use Paradise Meats in Summerland, which is out of your way, but it's the best pepperoni and suasage I've had to date by far.

Fisher-Dude
08-19-2011, 07:52 PM
James at Springfield Meat is the best.
He has by far the best peperoni and great beat hams.

Yeah what he said. Kolbassa smokies make me salivate!

Don't take your gut shot, pine needle-encrusted, over-ripe stink buck to him, because he will send you away. That's why I go there. Clean butcher = great butcher.

Wrayzer
08-19-2011, 10:05 PM
James does great work but books up fast.

Illichmanns is the best I've had done, best smokies and roni hands down, and are open to anyone, as long as there's room.

dave_fras
08-20-2011, 06:55 AM
ya im all about james too!... his smokies are wicked!!

doubled
08-20-2011, 08:20 AM

"Illichmans" or "mission meats" for sausage!

Thats funny because I have been to MMs and was not impressed, been to four others with similiar results. This batch was BY FAR the best I have ever had.

The only other place that was close was a place in NorKam and that is too far away.

If you are anywhere close to Glenrosa in Westbank, give me a holler and you can try it for yourself.

Tron
08-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Thanks for all the replies. That's been a big help. I didn't want to pull the trigger with out some were to go.

Cheers

sakofinnlight
08-21-2011, 10:17 AM
My buddies and I all brought our 5 bears to Illichmans this yr. We got pepperoni, garlic sausage and bear hams made, all of it is excellent and I will be bringing him more meat in the future!!!!!!!!!!

ELKAHOLICS
08-22-2011, 10:56 PM
Best game cutter,sausage,smokies .pep.Best cutter right here in kelowna. Springfield meats.. call james

coach
08-22-2011, 11:18 PM
I had smokies, pepperoni and bear hams done at Peninga's last year. All were excellent. There is another guy in town, also named Henk, who runs a very clean butcher shop out of his house. He butchered a couple of early season deer for myself and my hunting partner last season and did an excellent job. His business cards were at AC sports and Grouse River. Perhaps someone else on here knows who I'm talking about. Unfortunately, I've lost his last name and contact info.

Amphibious
08-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Sundowner Meats in Winfield. Old School German shop, does amazing work. Say hello to the lovely Colleen behind the counter. she'll handle your sausage with care :)

Glassman
08-24-2011, 11:38 PM
Come to my shop during a week-day and I will walk you over and introduce you to Hank Penninga on Enterprise way.
Platinum Auto Glass. 250-861-7717 Chris S

jackychiles
08-26-2011, 03:31 PM
Sundowner meats in Winfield or Hank Paningas on Enterprise

I agree. Hands down Sundowner is the best. Misson meats and Pioneer are horrible.

300H&H
08-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Come to my shop during a week-day and I will walk you over and introduce you to Hank Penninga on Enterprise way.
Platinum Auto Glass. 250-861-7717 Chris S

Here is a question that you may not want to answer....do you give any discount to HBC members ? My windshield needs to be replaced.

300H&H
08-26-2011, 03:39 PM
I agree. Hands down Sundowner is the best. Misson meats and Pioneer are horrible.

Very strong words....can you back them up ?

The main reason I have heard for hunters being unhappy with their game meat is when they open a roast it has dirt or grass on it.

Simple....bring it in dirty....get it back dirty !

Glassman
08-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Hey 300H&H.
I can't do any discounts with the deductible if you have insurance. (It's against ins regulations) If you have no insurance I will give discounts to HBC members. I will p/u vehicle anywhere in the peachland - winfield area, do job and then return back to your home or work. Call me at 250-861-7717.

tash
08-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Definitely Sundowner in Lake Country!!