PDA

View Full Version : Fall 2011 Turkey hunt

hunterfisher
08-19-2011, 06:10 AM
Hi guys/gals,

I am looking at doing my very first turkey hunt this fall and have not he slightist idea of what to do or where to go. I have been hunting for 15 yrs now and i've never had the chance to do a turkey hunt. I have a big aniversary coming up with lots of guests on Oct 15 2011 who I would like to share a wild turkey with. It would be tremendously appreciated if I could get some guidance on where to go and some tips to help me get my 1st turkey. I only need to take one turkey and I may never get another. Again this would be so much appreciated if I can get this turkey this year. Thanks everyone for your time and I look forward to hearing from you. I hope im not asking to much of anyone.

hunterfisher
08-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Nothing ehhhhh!! Well, thanks for the help BC........

bcbrez
08-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Man how many posts did you ask on. I commented on one of them. Where will you be hunting?

Moose Guide
08-21-2011, 10:13 PM
I shoot them to get tem out of my yard, not much of a hunt!! Try Creston, most farmers hate them and may beg you to shoot one! Watch them to find their roosting tree then walk up and shoot one(again not much of a hunt but it fills the freezer) Hope this helps

hunterfisher
08-22-2011, 11:22 AM
bcbrez

Re: Fall 2011 Turkey hunt
Man how many posts did you ask on. I commented on one of them. Where will you be hunting?

Sorry to post so many, but I pm'd you with no response and I thought I posted that I will be hunting the south eastern side of BC. Thanks again.

hunterfisher
08-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Thanks Moose Guide... Iwill give that a try. i know its not much of a hunt but its a change.

SHAKER
08-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Shoot'n them out of the roost is cheat'n but I guess it would work. I've never hunted them in the fall but I've heard it's not easy to actually "hunt" one in the wild.

bcbrez
08-23-2011, 07:08 AM
They are harder to hunt in the fall. You have to know the routes of the birds in your area, and that can be difficult because they spread out so much in the summer and fall.

Some people use feeders to keep them coming back to a spot where they can hunt them.

Another way in the fall that works for me is with dogs. I go to the areas that I know they hang out at and walk around with the dogs, when they start going crazy I just try to keep up and be ready for the flush. Since you can shoot any turkey here in the fall you don't have make sure it's a tom. Taking down a flushed turkey is pretty damn fun too.

Good luck

hunterfisher
08-23-2011, 12:36 PM
Thanks for your help

.300WSMImpact!
08-23-2011, 12:52 PM
spring turkey hunts are fun, you have to try that next year, had a blast calling and having them respond, as for fall find there poo, track them and hope to push them high so you can get a shot or two

hunterfisher
08-25-2011, 03:46 PM
When is the season for fall turkey hunt. I read the reg's and it seems to be short. Oct 1 to 14, is this correct? I also thought you can only take a tom... Can you take any sex? thanks

bcbrez
08-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Region 4 Turkey;
Bow only season---------------bearded-- Sept 1 - Sept 30

Bow or Shotgun only season--any turkey-- Oct 1 - Oct 15