PDA

View Full Version : Keetle Valley??

sdurango41
08-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Can anyone tell me what the mule deer / whittail hunting is like in the Kettle Valley? Thinking about going there this hunting season. Is it a good mix of both species or more one way or the other.

Thanks

08-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Its a busy place. They're Whitetails there, aparently all but run out the Mulies.

aliagha
08-18-2011, 04:54 PM
has both white tails and muleys but its usually a very busy place during the hunting season.

Moosehunter64
08-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Like others say there are lots of whitetails the Mulies are there but you have to know where to go to get them.Not as many mulies there as there were in the past.

monasheemountainman
08-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Lots and lots of both, also lots and lots of hunters

ramron
08-18-2011, 06:26 PM
Muleys high, whitetail low.

Seth
08-18-2011, 09:07 PM
As previously stated. Lots of hunters.

ufishifish2
08-18-2011, 10:50 PM
I often work up the Kettle Forest Service road out past Cherryville. There are tonnes of whities in there, and if you get out of the valley bottoms you will find some descent mulies too. I've never been in from the Kelowna way so can't tell you anything about that end.

cumminsforever
08-19-2011, 10:52 AM
Watch out for them conservation officers they like to hassle people up there even if you don't have a animal in the truck. And then there' s me 8):lol::twisted::mrgreen:

Singleshotneeded
08-19-2011, 11:08 AM
Tons of hunters, a few muleys high, whitetails low down...not an excellent destination...

08-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Watch out for them conservation officers they like to hassle people up there even if you don't have a animal in the truck. And then there' s me 8):lol::twisted::mrgreen:

Isnt that their job?
Cant say i have ever had a bad experiance with a CO, infact all have been very helpful.

cumminsforever
08-19-2011, 11:47 AM
Oh I know its there job n I respect them for what they do just they can be a pain in the @$$ at times thats all.

bandit_69
08-19-2011, 09:06 PM
yes this is true about the co's and watch at the westbridge junction at hwy33 they set up road block with the rcmp and shut the whole junction down and check everyone no matter what. so play by the rules and keep yourself safe or they will get you.

ratherbefishin
08-20-2011, 07:14 AM
are there any motels in Cherryville that cater to hunters and will share local knowlege about open land ?

Paulyman
08-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Exactly what I was going to say.

cumminsforever
08-20-2011, 03:13 PM
are there any motels in Cherryville that cater to hunters and will share local knowlege about open land ?

about 20 clicks up the christian valley there's a hunting camp out fitter sorta place but that's all I know. Yeah they are always at the bridge in westbridge where the old gas station used to be.

There's a lot of farmers up the christian valley that don't like hunters eh local or not CO's love it to so make damn sure you don't tresspass un-knowingly.

carnivore
08-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Game in the Christian Valley got thinned out last year by FN food hunt that preceded the open season for "White Eyes". This year will be poor hunting, suggest you try somewhere else.

.300WSMImpact!
08-21-2011, 09:27 AM
Game in the Christian Valley got thinned out last year by FN food hunt that preceded the open season for "White Eyes". This year will be poor hunting, suggest you try somewhere else.

I have heard this about the natives but with all the animals I still see I don't know if I believe it, as for the rest of what people are saying its true, tons of people and the CO's are there all the time, have respect for them and they should do the same in return

d6dan
08-21-2011, 11:24 AM
Can anyone tell me what the mule deer / whittail hunting is like in the Kettle Valley? Thinking about going there this hunting season. Is it a good mix of both species or more one way or the other.

Thanks

Hunt 8-14. North of Greenwood. Lots of whitetails around and some good mulie hunting higher up..

ratherbefishin
08-21-2011, 02:09 PM
I don't like hunting in places where there's a bush camp every 1/4 mile-and I'll pick a less popular spot every time.Of course-if you know the country,you can make it work to your advantage by setting up and letting the crowd push them to you.But if I had my way-I'd rather hunt where the rest of them don't.Its tough to come into an area youidon't know and try to hunt it though.Local knowlege is everything

bigfisher18
08-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Lots of private land......most farmers won't let you hunt......lots of hunters as well

cumminsforever
08-22-2011, 12:33 AM
I don't like hunting in places where there's a bush camp every 1/4 mile-and I'll pick a less popular spot every time.Of course-if you know the country,you can make it work to your advantage by setting up and letting the crowd push them to you.But if I had my way-I'd rather hunt where the rest of them don't.Its tough to come into an area youidon't know and try to hunt it though.Local knowlege is everything

What makes me mad is spots you have hunted on foot for years people go into with quads n scare the shit outta everything. But yeah if your local you can use it to your advantage :D

cumminsforever
08-22-2011, 12:33 AM
Lots of private land......most farmers won't let you hunt......lots of hunters as well

God that right.