PDA

View Full Version : tru life taxidermy

3kills
08-17-2011, 08:10 PM
Anyone use him an have had any problems? I had a bear done there a few years ago with no problems just a lil slow but it was expected. But my cousin has had a bison there for 4 years now and he is starting to get pretty pissed off. He cant get ahold of him and he went out there once not to long ago and he wasnt around. Anyone know whats goin on?

ARC
08-17-2011, 08:26 PM
I brought a goat in there a couple of years ago and had no problems. He was actually pretty quick compared to other taxidermists I have dealt with. I believe I had the mount back in 8 or 9 months.

Caveman
08-17-2011, 08:29 PM
I've used him on a deer and numerous people I know have used him. Yes, tough to get ahold of, slow but reasonably priced. Haven't heard anything that would be cause for concern. I know guys that have got fast service from him, but they fed him a line that they needed the trophy to enter in an awards banquet, but my deer was about two years to get back.

krazy
08-17-2011, 08:52 PM
I've used him and it was all positive. His work is second to none!

40incher
08-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Dan has done at least fifteen mounts and rugs for us. His taxidermy is so good that I wondered about responding to this thread as it will no doubt make more people aware of his great work and reasonable rates. Wish there were more like him.

One should be more cautious about publicly questioning someone's reputation in this manner I think.

Caveman
08-17-2011, 09:54 PM
Dan is actually second generation at this as his father started him at this. my dad had several bear rugs done by Dan's dad years ago.

3kills
08-17-2011, 11:25 PM
Dan has done at least fifteen mounts and rugs for us. His taxidermy is so good that I wondered about responding to this thread as it will no doubt make more people aware of his great work and reasonable rates. Wish there were more like him.

One should be more cautious about publicly questioning someone's reputation in this manner I think.

i m not question his reputation i was just wonderin if some one on here knows if something has happened that maybe is makin it longer or something. i know dan is second generation and i know he does awesome work like i said he did my bear rug and im very happy with the work and the price and i went to him for one is price and two its the only guy that my uncle and my grandpa go to. but my cousin is just wonderin why its takin so long. 4 years is a long time to wait for a head mount. i think a big part of it is my cousin is over excited to get his mount back.

Kapow
08-17-2011, 11:42 PM
He is very reputable for his nice work. However, i know of atleast two guys still waiting, a year or two beyond there quoted date.

Mr. Dean
08-18-2011, 02:22 AM
4 years is a loooooong time and if it wasn't justified, sucks.

Get a buggy to leave him a message that you have a large sheep that you want full-bodied - That'll get his attention and will likely lead to an appointment for drop off. Figure it out from there...

jackpine
08-18-2011, 05:48 AM
dan is a hunter himself and it reflects in his work!his mounts are so realistic.i personally think he is the best around.

1/2 slam
08-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Four years? NO EXCUSE. I'd go elsewhere

Neff
08-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Dan did up a wolf rug and a bison shoulder mount for me. Both took longer than he said they would but no complaints about quality or value. I know there was some delay with the Bison cause the local tanner doesn't want to work on Bison hides. They are just too big and heavy. I got the impression that Dan didn't really enjoy working with Bison either and he tended to work on other things first (like ARC's goat!). While the bison took a looong time it was considerably less than four years. He is a pretty good guy. Call him up and get him to focus on your Bison...

Caribou_lou
08-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Does great work. Took a while on my Grizzly but No complaints from me!

3kills
08-23-2011, 09:50 PM
my cousin finally got a hold of him! Dan told him he will have it ready for him this sept! so he is a lil excited but not counting his chickens yet as he was also told he would have it for him january 2010. I told him he will be happy with the work cuz he does does great work.

Caribou_lou
08-23-2011, 10:52 PM
One has to understand that a Taxidermist will give you a date... But he never knows what will show up on his doorstep.

fireguy
08-23-2011, 11:19 PM
i haven't even taken my antlers back to my taxidermist from last year to even start to worry about when it will get done.
Quality is worth the wait.

Mr. Dean
08-24-2011, 12:03 AM
my cousin finally got a hold of him! Dan told him he will have it ready for him this sept! so he is a lil excited but not counting his chickens yet as he was also told he would have it for him january 2010. I told him he will be happy with the work cuz he does does great work.

This is good...... But did he mention 'why' such a lengthy delay?

3kills
08-24-2011, 05:37 AM
One has to understand that a Taxidermist will give you a date... But he never knows what will show up on his doorstep.

i understand that but. it should still be first come first serve. at least that was what i told when i took my bear in for a rug.

3kills
08-24-2011, 05:38 AM
This is good...... But did he mention 'why' such a lengthy delay?

my cousin didnt say i will ask him and see if he has asked or if he will when he picks it up

Stone Sheep Steve
08-24-2011, 07:30 AM
4 yrs eh??
When you barely resemble the pic with your animal, it's been far too long.

SSS