PDA

View Full Version : Count Down to Bowseason!

Slugman
08-16-2011, 10:15 PM
Well I know its been said, but I figure with 9 days to go in BC Region 1 for the start of the season I'd do my well wishing now as there will be little time for posting till then! Next posts will hopefully be pics! Yahoo! For all you dedicated, hard working bowhunters, new and old I wish you an exciting, memorable and safe hunting season!!!:mrgreen:

The Hermit
08-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks Cam and good shooting to you too! I spent the afternoon out tidying up the tree stands in the killing fields, clearing shooting lanes, brushing out the trails, and even left a few apples for the deer! Friggin stinging nettle so bad I can hardly type! LOL

rocksteady
08-17-2011, 07:01 PM
14 days til elk and whiteys.....Supposed to be stinking hot, I sure hope not.... :(

markt308
08-17-2011, 07:16 PM
yep im hoping for cooler weather too once it opens. good luck

Riverbc
08-17-2011, 08:55 PM
looking forward to my first bow season. Heading to Island on Monday, to prepare for Thursday's opening. Combine some fishing and hunting. Then back to mainland to prepare for my Alberta Whitetail trip!! :D

untilthelastbeat
08-17-2011, 09:50 PM
what date is opening day for bow on the island? havnt grabbed my regs yet

Caribou_lou
08-17-2011, 09:58 PM
I took the first day of bow season off work. Hope to connect. As long as the weather is decent he should show himself! I have a good read on this guy and have been watching him for months!

Riverbc
08-18-2011, 07:12 AM
what date is opening day for bow on the island? havnt grabbed my regs yet
August 25th

scallywag
08-18-2011, 07:15 AM
Dont forget grouse open for us bowhunter this weekend.. Good thing i cant take it any longer

jetboat jim
08-18-2011, 12:35 PM
will be looking for elk and whiteys on the 28 th of aug........10 more days.

Bowzone_Mikey
08-18-2011, 03:35 PM
I took the first week off in september for Bow up here ... Hopefully I get a line on an elusive 2point moose ....

onpoint
08-27-2011, 11:48 AM
First of all best of luck to all you guys heading out for the various openers! This will be my first season coming back to the bow after taking years off and a buddy and I are looking at heading to region 6 for the bow only moose season. Not looking for any specific spots or anything just wondering if there are access issues up that way (north of Smithers) or good camp spots you might know of and won't be using if you've been? We can figure out the rest but driving up from the LL and be nice to have an idea if there's any issues/tips heading up that way, private land, FN, etc. Don't want to step on any toes and all.

Big Lew
08-27-2011, 12:19 PM
I'll be out somewhere come September 1 st., still not sure which of my favourite spots I'll try. Not able to hoof it too far back into the alpine this year though as my wife will be along and isn't capable of the steep stuff, but will poke around the high cut blocks etc. It's the first year of my retirement, so there's no rush, don't have to be anywhere at any time, just enjoy, hope to make base camp by a small fishing lake...hunt in the morning, fish during the day, hunt in the evening...can't get much better than that!

Bow Walker
08-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Good luck Lew. Enjoy the time in the bush and the time with the missus.

blacktail18
08-27-2011, 04:20 PM
went out today to cowichan passed on a spike at 17 yards also say 4 does no grouse tho

77Gunner
08-27-2011, 10:07 PM
Got out on the first day of bow grouse on the island, flushed one within five minutes but couldn't get a shot. After work I got one to combine with a couple from last year, gonna deep fry these i think.

Riverbc
08-28-2011, 10:43 AM
had a doe walk up to 10 yards from me. In the evening i saw the back end of 4, going into the dense brush. No idea what they were. Chinook fishing has been red-hot!! I LOVE THE iSLAND!