PDA

View Full Version : Another youth season buck!

cowboy-up69
09-04-2006, 12:37 AM
Me and 2 buddy's (one with and one without a licence) decided to go for an early morning hunt. We went up and imediately saw 6 deer, 3 of which were bucks ( a BEAUTY 3pt, 2pt and a spike-fork) All MULEYS. My young buddy didnt wanna shoot a small one so we let them walk, didnt see much after that. Then, we head back to town because I wanted to gte my bow sighted in and bring it for the evening hunt. So I picked up the same 2 guys, and another buddy (Rob C.), he was with us when my other buddy got the 3x2 MULEY! Picked him up, and went to the exact same spot where we saw them other bucks and does. We alll sat about 50 yards from each other, when I noticed 3 deer walkin right beside the road we walked up on. So all 4 of us decided to go on a stalk, kept with in 20-30 yards from them with out them knowning we were there. Then they crossed the road and lost sight of them for a few minutes. Then I heard some crashing below us, and I look down, 2 does, wheres the other so called doe??? Still on the other side of the road. So he hurried over the road and down the bank, then I noticed he was a small 2 pt so I told Rob C. and he blasted a shot at him, in one lung and out the oposite shoulder. He hunched up and head low, sign of a good hit! But we wernt sure, so he ventured to the trees, where we walked down the road to see him still standing after about 2 minutes, Rob again put another bullet in his lungs and he dropped. He was sooo freakin happy it wasnt even funny! Even though he wanted a bigger buck for his first, but he was still happy. We trucked our way down the bank about 50 yards to see him still flopping around, so he finished him off with a bullet right to the dome (head)!!!! Ended up blowing one antler off, but he didnt care. He was only a little guy, but still be great eating! Took about 30 minutes to gut him completely. I was getting worried cause it was gettin dark fast, and heard movements of other animals in the bush, thought of a grizz came to mind!!!!! Had the guns loaded just incase! We got back to town about 10 and had him skinned and cleaned up by 11!. I got a few pics, but they are gory, so consider yourself warned incase u dont like this stuff! lol, half the head is gone!:evil: Here are a few pics.

Heres Rob with his first buck!!! Sept 3/06
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/cmare8/IM001953.jpg
And heres lil old me with his 2 pt'r!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/cmare8/IM001958.jpg
Im sorry if any one doesnt like the gory pics, take them off if its that bad, I dont think it is but some might!

Freshtracks
09-04-2006, 12:58 AM
Fresh tender venison ... congrats to your buddy.

DBM
09-04-2006, 08:15 AM
Good stuff. Betcha it'll be good eating.

Radar
09-04-2006, 08:17 AM
Good job! Glad to see some early success!

dana
09-04-2006, 08:31 AM
Way to go guys!!!! That's awesome you guys are hitting it hard and are having success. Glad that you got up on the horse again and posted after the last one. Just keep letting the comments bounce off ya. Looking forward to what the rest of the season is going to bring ya.

Barracuda
09-04-2006, 08:58 AM
Outstanding guys

Jelvis
09-04-2006, 10:06 AM
You know how to be successful already in your deer hunting that is very good young fellas, thanks for the photos.

nykoma
09-04-2006, 11:08 AM
way to go there thats better deer then my first one:)

30-06
09-04-2006, 11:42 AM
nice deer cathy

cowboy-up69
09-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Thanks guys. Im goin back out today to take a young friend of mine out, he wants to get himsefl a 3pt or bigger, we'll see what happens, I got more pics of the 3x3 and the 2pt on the computer last night but I'll put them up when I get back tongiht!

Blacktail
09-04-2006, 01:54 PM
nice little buck
congrats8)

TravisC
09-04-2006, 02:06 PM
where abouts are you guys hunting i was up in the copper mnt area aug 31 just scouting. was on vacation i had to trick the wife so i could drive out there to look around. anyways it was from 1130am-1pm a not so good time a day and we came across 9 mule does and 2 whitetail does feeding and 1 nice brown bear. got a nice 4x3 muley out of princeton last year and hope to get one this year. congrats on the early deer . the first one of the year is always the hardest so i guess you guys can really enjoy the rest of the season. good luck

cowboy-up69
09-04-2006, 02:10 PM
where abouts are you guys hunting i was up in the copper mnt area aug 31 just scouting. was on vacation i had to trick the wife so i could drive out there to look around. anyways it was from 1130am-1pm a not so good time a day and we came across 9 mule does and 2 whitetail does feeding and 1 nice brown bear. got a nice 4x3 muley out of princeton last year and hope to get one this year. congrats on the early deer . the first one of the year is always the hardest so i guess you guys can really enjoy the rest of the season. good luck

We were hunting up Red Creek when we got the first 3x2 muley, and then A buddy told me to go up Garrison Lakes, and we did and saw quite a few deer! 8 deer total, 3 of them were smalll bucks. And that was all with in the first half an hour of getting to our spot.

CanAm500
09-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Congrats!!!

Nothingbut7mmmag
09-04-2006, 03:20 PM
congrats man

cowboy-up69
09-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Here is another pic to prove that it was a muley. The 3x2 muley that my buddy got on opening day.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/cmare8/again-1.jpg
And here are a couple more of Cathro with his 2pt that was shot last night.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/cmare8/cathrys2pt.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/cmare8/hahacahtry.jpg

bsa30-06
09-04-2006, 07:15 PM
Congrats to you and your friends again Cliff.

goathead
09-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Good for you guys nothing like early season sucess way to go on A good team effort

Elkhound
09-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Nice job guys....congrats. keep them coming

PGKris
09-05-2006, 04:16 PM
SWEET! Man I'm glad to see you guys are using that youth season!!