PDA

View Full Version : Gone like a fart in the wind

jamfarm
08-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Been fishing at Furry Creek the past couple of weeks, seems like most of the pinks are gone. Are they all starting up the rivers now or should we expect to see more at the river mouths?

Sasquatch
08-16-2011, 03:19 PM
I heard there are a few lower down in the Fraser, but if history is any indication they shouldn't be around in any numbers still for a couple of weeks. I always start to fish for them way too early in the river..just anxious I guess.

Sitkaspruce
08-16-2011, 08:40 PM
There is a sh$t load of them still up here on the North Island and westcoast, and they cannot all be from local rivers and streams, so i would expect there will another wave coming through. I bet the commercial boats intercepted a few on their way down, but they will hardly put a dent in the 30+ million expected.

Cheers

SS

M.Dean
08-16-2011, 09:13 PM
I think 2 years ago we went down to Island 22 in September, the Pinks were running not bad the first week, second week or so it was crazy, the water boiled with them! Hopefully the river level will drop and the sand bars start to pop up!!! If you enjoy catching Salmon that's the place to be!

westwayshooter
08-16-2011, 09:56 PM
My neighbour has been fishing the Squamish River for the past week or so. Sunday he landed 38 and hooked another 22. Yesterday only landed 24. starting to slow down a bit! He was complaing his hands were sore! "like fishing in a barrel", he said. Dropped one off for us on Sunday. Had it for dinner last night. Good eating.
If you are going to go, follow the signs to the spit and drop in anywhere along the dike. Small piece of wool on a line with a float 3-4 feet up seems to work. Some of the guys are using crocs or kitimats with good results too.
WS