PDA

View Full Version : Spotting scope question...

huntcoop
09-04-2006, 12:33 AM
I am in need of purchasing a spotting scope. Anyone have or use the Leupold Wind River, green ring series, spotting scope. If so, do you like it? Comments...

What would you recommend for a reasonabley priced spotting scope?

chola
09-04-2006, 07:09 AM
I had a Green ring Sequioa...never used as I got a great deal on an Elite,but it however coming back to me as the previous buyer says he can't get it focus clearly......for what it's worth,I contacted the Leupold repair center in Alberta and they said they will repair or replace it...kinda tuff to beat that for a waranty.

My advice would be spend some money on a decent spotter once, and be done with it..should be able to find a good used one for $250 to 350 price range......

I beleive ruttingbuck had a nice Elite for sale on naother site (bushnell),give him a hollar,unless I am mistaken
http://huntshoot.coastangler.com/hunting/showthread.php?t=9019

Best to go to a sporting good store and have a look through a few various brands and types to see what ya like.

bigwhiteys
09-04-2006, 07:36 AM
I picked up my Bushnell Spacemaster 20-45x60mm on eBay for $230.00 USD shipped to Canada. Great scope for the money and it's light and compact. I am very happy with mine.

Happy Hunting!
Carl