PDA

View Full Version : grizzly man

speedbird
09-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Has anyone seen this movie (doc). This guy was WACKO, at least he left us with some cool video. Your thoughts.

Steeleco
09-03-2006, 06:09 PM
WACKO is right, a little on the fruity side but all in all bigger B#$#S than I would ever have. Some spectacular footage but if you play with fire long enough you'll get burned!! Too bad his girlfriend had to get involved in the end.

Jelvis
09-03-2006, 06:34 PM
I heard the fella fried his brain on some thing and just coudn't fit in with the human society. Therefore choosing to live with brown bears. He did it for how many seasons? Then all of a sudden the end, him and his girl buddy ripped apart and eaten alive, I say let the bears be bears, and let them live in their own enviroment. on their own, and only allow so many to be harvested by hunters with proper size rifle calibres, to prevent just wounding the huge carnivore, I mean, what calibre would you need to anchor one of those hairy beasts? I read where a bears heart beats so slow you could rip it's heart out, and it can still cover half a foot ball field. I'd rather face a sasquatch. Jelly Roll

Wildman
09-03-2006, 07:03 PM
He was a few trees short of a forest if you ask me!

Jagermeister
09-03-2006, 07:11 PM
Timothy Treadwell was his name, doing dope isn New York was his fame. Moved to California and rid himself of the drug dependency. That made him think his was invincible, so he went and started "flirting' with the Brown Bears of Alaska. Got away with it a few times which made him think he was gifted and that bears really like us. What a fool, too bad his girlfriend had to get sucked into the charade. My understanding is that her parents have initiated a lawsuit against Treadwell's Foundation.

30-06
09-03-2006, 07:17 PM
watched er last night

Sasquatch
09-03-2006, 07:46 PM
I think it was the pilot who flew him into the area, who said he believed the bears left him alone because they thought he was crazy. Eventually, he found one that didn't care and ate him anyway.

Makes sense to me.

Blacktail
09-03-2006, 09:45 PM
Ya I watched it last night
The guy did this for thirteen years!!
He did seem like a bit of a wack job, the pilot friend of his did say he thought the bears left the guy alone cause they thought he as nuts.

Those Kodiaks are eating machines and to go there during the late summer and into the fall when all they wanna do is eat, no wonder he got eaten.

Radar
09-04-2006, 08:23 AM
A real nut bar, shame thy both got eaten, but you play with fire...

Slayer666
09-04-2006, 12:43 PM
This guy was a complete nut job!

He got what was coming if you ask me. These are killing machines at the top of the food chain. I am suprised he got away with it for as long as he did.

The movie made for some pretty spectacular footage. I especially enjoyed the fight scene.

Jagermeister
09-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Here's a heads up on why you should not rent this movie.
Timothy Treadwell is the founder of the Grizzly People. <grizzlypeople.com> The royalties from this movie go to fund anti-hunting activities. Do not rent movies that star Leondardo DeCaprio. He is a staunch supporter of the Grizzly People and an ardent opponent to hunting. Supporting these entities is like having a paid membership in the Sierra Club or PETA or any of the other anti hunting groups. Stop shooting yourselves in the foot.:mad:

Camp Cook
09-04-2006, 02:15 PM
I watched parts of this on TV the other night.

What a totally sickening show with Treadwell and his wierdo friends......

I could only watch a few minutes at a time....

As far as I am concerned the guy was a idiot that should have know better than to be where his last camp was.

It was almost like he was trying to get killed...... if you listen to the last comments that he taped he was stating that it was a very unusal camp that he had picked and that he usually camped in more open country.

I don't feel sorry for him but I do for the girlfriend that didn't know any better. Basically he killed her.......

kutenay
09-04-2006, 02:39 PM
I can remember meeting quite a few people just like this when I was a silvicultural supervisor for the Forest Service in the early '70s. Many of them were actually very well-educated individuals from the USA, graduates from very prestigious universities, but, they had no first-hand experience of wilderness, wild animals or conditions such as those here in B.C. and Alaska.

They ALL knew EVERYTHING about nature and, even then, were staunch advocates of David Suzuki-style "environmentalism"; Treadwell is just one among many of this type and was a victim of his own ignorance and foolish egotism as was his GF. We STILL have LOTS of such looney-tunes in B.C. and probably always will, due to the BS that is taught kids in our "education" system and spewed from our mass media, sad, but, that's democracy.......

One point is that The Sierra Club is NOT opposed to sports hunting and we should, IMO, try to join forces with the moderate environmentalists to combat the real scumsuckers such as Genovali and his "Rainforest" whatever and PETA, the groupie club for perverts like k.d. lang. I have never been a member of the SC, but, it has done a lot of good work and should not be lumped in with PETA, etc.

We NEED all the allies we can get to save wilderness and sports hunting for average folks like us, so, I am in favour of what I have seen from the SC, so far.

mainland hunter
09-04-2006, 02:49 PM
jagermeister, are you sure the proceeds of the movie go to "grizzly people" the producer was fairly neutral i thought and it didn't seem like they lead the viewer to believe he was doing anything good for grizzlies. I was just under the impression that the producer wasnt for or against him and i was glad to see they showed how nuts he really was at times rather than just sugar coat his life. i thought it was well done. I'm just asking id like to know if thats the case.
the guy is a feak, i cant believe he wasnt killed sooner. now the crocodile hunter was killed today. these "experts" get way to overconfident and start to show boat their "bravery" i think they make a mockery of wilderness and though i dont want to see people die but at least these deaths might prevent others from being as naive

Jagermeister
09-05-2006, 01:01 AM
I am pretty certain that the there is a flow of money to the grizzly people foundation. Having read Werner Herzog's Grizzly Man movie description and seeing that Jewel Palovak is the is listed as co-executive producer is just too tight to be coincidental.

chinooker
09-05-2006, 11:39 AM
I started to watch it on tv having no idea what it was about after about ten minutes I thought This guy makes me sick to my stomach and I turned it off.

09-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Crazy guy but he did get some great grizzly footage, specially the part with the two big males fighting. The movie was made by Werner Herzog, he is a respected filmmaker and not an issue jumper.

bruno
09-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Wild animals are wild no matter how you look at it. Even dogs, the family
pet can show their wild side from time to time. It's nature, simple.

Will
09-05-2006, 07:42 PM
Actually if you watch it on "Mute" it's a Great Bear Flick....lottsa good footage8-)
The Guy was a "Showboater" no doubt about it. Nothing he did served to benefit the bears in anyway. In fact the only Good thing he did for Bear conservation was get eaten.......this may discourage other idiots from trying the same stunts.

Gunner
09-06-2006, 07:57 AM
I Emailed the Grizzly Foundation and suggested their first priority should be the re-introduction of the grizzly bear to California.After all the bear is on the state flag,and there used to be lots in California until the Spanish started killing them off.I bet the Santa Monica joggers that fund the GF wouldn't care to run into one!:lol: Gunner.

mainland hunter
09-06-2006, 09:14 AM
i like that, good call gunner

Murder
09-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Anyone out there not armed to the teeth (grenades/rocket launchers would be ample) and uneducated or ill educated deserves what he gets. Dumb Shit he was.

09-07-2006, 12:34 AM
I bet the Santa Monica joggers that fund the GF wouldn't care to run into one!:lol: Gunner.

You nailed it :lol:

xcaribooer
09-07-2006, 12:38 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5903516284967348088&q=grizzly+man
hope this works ,funny as hell

dawn2dusk
09-07-2006, 08:11 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5903516284967348088&q=grizzly+man
hope this works ,funny as hell

haaaa ha :lol: that real funny...thanks needed the laugh. I quote from the pilot guy, "other ******s walkin down the street would point and say look at that ******!" that about sums grizzlyman up.