PDA

View Full Version : workin in fort nelson

backstrap
08-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Hello all!
Im away workin in fort nelson and I have two blocks of three days off plus a few rain days i'm sure, between now and the 6th of october. I have not spent much time up here and since my time is so limited im just looking for a place to start looking. I just want to go hunting, for what it doesnt matter to me Moose, elk, or once september hits a deer! I have my boots,a day pack, my gun, my bow and my camera so im not totally helpless lol. I would love to see some elk and moose for sure whether i shoot em shoot em or just use a camera will be time and weather/temperature permitting. Any fingers pionting in the right direction would be helpful unless its a certain didgit pointing straight up! Also i have a truck to use and im not affraid of a few hours of driving.

Thank you so much, days off will not be wasted!

Backstrap

jeff
08-14-2011, 11:05 AM
head north outa the fort . around 15 kms take a right towards nwt i believe its hwy 77 go up around 26 kms take a left on the lybian main it might be spelled wrong liaban maybe but anyways that road goes in about 115kms its awsome hunting for moose in there i personally have got 3 nice moose outa there and seen 100s any cut line will be good good luck

takla1
08-14-2011, 07:25 PM
you could go south 1 hrs drive and head in either east or west from the alaska hyway on access roads .i hunted up there for ten yrs and never came home empty handed,you need 2 bear tages,a moose and a elk tag.ive harvested all three in that area every yr

backstrap
08-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Thanks alot, that should take me in around the prophet river area i guess, judging by the map book the old alaska highway looks promising. thanks again!