PDA

View Full Version : Queen Charlottes third week of Aug

Sitkaspruce
08-12-2011, 08:21 PM
I will be up there from Aug 22-29, circum-navigating the islands for work.

What type of fishing can I expect?? Should I bring the heavy gear for springs, or the lite stuff for coho??

Any places to recommend to particularly hit??

Whitefish should still be good.

Any and all info will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

SS

fearless
08-12-2011, 10:02 PM
This is a really good time for springs on the westcoast, take your heavy gear.

ELKOHOLICBC
08-13-2011, 07:59 AM
The springs won't be as abundant but will still be there and with the way this year is you never know. Their still hammering big fish up there right now and of course the coho will be every where and big. Good luck with your trip and hopefully you can get into some big charlotte springs and cohos on your trip. Post up some pics.

REMINGTON JIM
08-13-2011, 12:53 PM
[QUOTE=Sitkaspruce;961172]I will be up there from Aug 22-29, circum-navigating the islands for work.

What type of fishing can I expect?? Should I bring the heavy gear for springs, or the lite stuff for coho??

Any places to recommend to particularly hit??

Whitefish should still be good.

Any and all info will be greatly appreciated.
There will be springs and lots of cohos- some get very large- same gear for both works fine- i was there in july 10-14 i had nice weather no rain but lots of nw winds-very rough but had a lot of fun- to rough to fish for halis our biggest spring 30 lbs- most ran 16-22 lbs cohos then were small 7-12 lbs but lively ! Have a great time! Jim :-D

fearless
08-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Some of my best days spring fishing has been end of aug. beginng of sept. the big bronze ones move in. The north end of the charlottes won't be as good but get out off of skidegate point and you won't be disappointed, lots of coho around so take lots of bait, if the weather is good hali fishing should be good also. Bring good rain gear end of aug. can be like the end of oct. WET good luck and have fun.

Dutch
08-17-2011, 05:59 PM
Just got back, let 5-10 20+ springs go a day . Kept 2 -30 and a couple of 22 's that were bleeding.Got a 18 lb. coho it was as good as I have ever seen and I have been going for the last 7 years,sometimes twice a year.There were a lot of fish there and some hali's and lings.Wish I could go back work is a pain:)

REMINGTON JIM
08-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Hi Dutch - what area of the qci do you fish ? Jim

08-18-2011, 12:25 PM
Bring it all. I havent been up there in 15 years,,,, BUT! If you are going up there,,, prepair for war! It is a long way to go and not be prepaired.

bcriverhunter
08-22-2011, 12:40 AM
hi SS.... you are prob right there now,,,but--just in case you happen to be check in online, check out rennel sound/sheilds bay up to the inner harbor....great for crabs right at the end....you will see a few floats where the locals drop their traps!...larry

Sitkaspruce
08-22-2011, 08:22 AM
Thanks for all the info folks!!!!

Someone with a higher pay grade then me has decided to replace me with someone else from HG, so the trip is not happening this year.......

But there is always next year.

Again thanks for all the good info.

Cheers

SS

Weatherby Fan
08-22-2011, 08:58 AM
Hi Dutch - what area of the qci do you fish ? Jim

Hey Jim,
Dutch and I both fish on the West side all around Hippa Island and then down to Kunakun Pt on the North side of Rennel Sound
Dutch is getting really old and has trouble reading these threads so I thought I would answer for him :mrgreen:
WF

bubba350
08-22-2011, 08:28 PM
I'm heading up tomorrow Very excited!!!!!!!