PDA

View Full Version : 2011 year of the dinks

willy442
08-12-2011, 06:28 PM
It is totally amazing how the general membership on this site will support anything that is shot by a fellow hunter. Then if someone is convicted of an infraction they become the scum of the earth.

It should be loud and clear by now and after the last couple of sheep hunting seasons, that the compulsary inspection process is a joke. Every year on this site I see more and more dink rams shot and passed by our inspectors.

These same Rams are looked at by many on here as great accomplishments and those shooting them instantly become classified as sheep hunters.

I would like to ask some questions to those congratulating these dink sheep. First off please tell me what these hunters are doing for the conservation of one of the most sought after spiecies of big game in North America. Then please tell me how someone can take one of these dinks into a taxidermy shop, pay to mount it, hang it on thier wall and look at with a feeling of pride and accomplishment. Myself, I would feel utterly disgusted that I had shot an immature ram that had not yet even started breeding ewes. It would leave me with the feeling of being a baby killer and all the remorse, that would come to a normal human being with that title.

Lastly. There is enough information on the pages of this forum and many knowledgeable sheep hunters, even without BC rams and SSS to help any new sheep hunter with all the tools to make a wise informed decision when looking at a Ram through his scope. Why, if we are hunters and conservationists do we see many year after year make the same mistakes.

So far this year has been disgusting.

frenchbar
08-12-2011, 06:33 PM
let me guess...its them dam kd eatin southeners killin all the dinks ...

leadpillproductions
08-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Well this one will get interesting quick lol.

yamadirt 426
08-12-2011, 06:35 PM
blah blah that was a waste of a min

rocksteady
08-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Id doubt if I will ever hunt sheep.....

Hike into a drainage that you think you have all to yourself, 12 other hunters already in there :(
See what you think is a legal ram, after 15 hours sliding around in the shale, its 1/4' inch shy :(
You finally harvest what you think is a legal ram, post pics...Everyone goes bananas, saying its not legal too young, too small, count the friggin rings etc etc......Members here are lodging complaints aginst the COS' to re-inspect...:( :(

Why would I want to ty to harvest such a critter???

Rather shoot a whitey ode...Look, no bones!!!! WTF, Over guys???

leadpillproductions
08-12-2011, 06:40 PM
A trophy is what the hunter makes out of it , some people think a 2 point buck is a trophy and it is to them nothing wrong with that . I havent killed a ram yet but i will , hopefully its a big hog but i guarantee it will be a trophy to me thats forsure even if its not over 8 years old . Tell me somethin you shoot a full curl ram couple inches over nose but he ends up 7.5 yrs is that a dink ,maybe to you but not me thats forsure .

TyTy
08-12-2011, 06:41 PM
can't eat horns. and i hear sheep are good eating. and if its legal, its legal. I shot a small 5x5 whitetail last year, that some would consider a "dink" but because of how the hunt went down, that deer will always be a trophy to me.

u have too much time on your hands to be complaining about other people's game on here. go find something better to do. go volunteer or something.

ps. what have u done to be proactive in sheep conservation (shooting a legal sheep doesn't count, as hunting mature rams isn't what most would consider a conservation step)?

BlacktailStalker
08-12-2011, 06:46 PM
I've only seen 4 rams on here, 2 were beauties. 2 were dinks for sure but legal is legal I guess and if thats what they want, so be it.
Would I whack a squeaker ? Nope.
Maybe they need to up the legal requirements if it is an issue ?

mfarrally
08-12-2011, 07:14 PM
next lets rip on every kid who ever shoots a 2 point and couldn't be happier. As bts said, legal is legal. Lets change the rules if there really is a serious conservation issue here, I'd be all for it. But if its just another jealous sheep hunter, keep quiet.

nature girl
08-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Willy442 maybe you could post some pictures of some sheep so people know what to look for.
Me personally getting a sheep is not on my priority list. But for some it is.
Im sure your help would be much appreciated by some.
Good luck to you if you plan to go out and try for a sheep.

Steeleco
08-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Maybe not!!

Mr. Dean
08-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Pretty much my way of thinking.

Id doubt if I will ever hunt sheep.....

Hike into a drainage that you think you have all to yourself, 12 other hunters already in there :(
See what you think is a legal ram, after 15 hours sliding around in the shale, its 1/4' inch shy :(
You finally harvest what you think is a legal ram, post pics...Everyone goes bananas, saying its not legal too young, too small, count the friggin rings etc etc......Members here are lodging complaints aginst the COS' to re-inspect...:( :(

Why would I want to ty to harvest such a critter???

Rather shoot a whitey ode...Look, no bones!!!! WTF, Over guys???

IF things get outta hand, there's answers.

next lets rip on every kid who ever shoots a 2 point and couldn't be happier. As bts said, legal is legal. Lets change the rules if there really is a serious conservation issue here, I'd be all for it. But if its just another jealous sheep hunter, keep quiet.