PDA

View Full Version : Where to hunt? - Have a few days opportunity in Region 6 & 7

Ike
08-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Hi all, first off sorry for such a broad-based request.

I basically haven't had the chance to hunt the last two fall seasons due to work related disasters and issues, I am really itching to see a new area and harvest an animal.

This year I have four days Sept 16-19 to (bow) hunt between Smithers and Prince George. Anywhere between Smithers and Prince George area would be great as I haven't hunted any of that area before. I like an area I can access fairly easily by truck and then get out and walk/stalk.

Deer, elk or moose (in Region 7) - I am 'ungulate easy' (not bear though)......where should I go? I am really itching to harvest an animal for the freezer.

I am not looking for your secret honey hole (unless you want to share it). :wink: Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Cheers

Darksith
08-11-2011, 03:31 PM
do you have a quad?

the east end of babine lake would be a good place to think about?

Ike
08-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Unfortunately I won't have a quad with me, truck and foot access only.

Kalum
08-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Lot's of great areas, here's a couple general ones...
Head up the ski hill and take the FSR to the Dennis lake area for moose, Lot's of country round there to cruise through and a nice place to pitch camp.
East of Smithers can take the backroad from Telkway to Houston for mulies for a leisurly drive but it can be pretty busy at times. Powerline areas can give some nice opportunities as well as the aspen stands just east of the quick turnoff. Check it out on GE to find the openings and hikes.
Start of the Gold FSR can be good for mulies as can be the Owen flats area. If you keep on heading south on the Nadina FSR you'll again find plenty of hunting grounds for moose.
Luck...