PDA

View Full Version : Tumbler Ridge/Stony Lake Moose Hunt

pierogi
08-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Tumbler Ridge/Stony Lake Moose Hunt is this area good for Moose Hunting?
Logging Roads, all open no gates?
During the short Moose Bull opening 15th till 30th of August is it over flowing with hunters or is it OK.

I'm planning to go for Moose for few days, somewhere 1day drive from Vancouver was wonderinng if I should try Alaska Highway area or Tumbler Ridge

bear buster
08-11-2011, 12:41 AM
its a nice area, see lots of moose on the rat lake rd, also try the north and south grizzly rds, the red willow is also a nice place to camp with afew roads close by. none of the roads are gated,lots of 2 or 3 year old log blocks that are a good bet at first light. good chance at seeing some g-bears too, and some really nice blackys, good luck. you can go into the one island lake area aswell...lots of oil and gas rds.

pierogi
08-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Thank You,

elkdom
08-11-2011, 03:18 PM
spent the last 2 days down in that area, put on about 200 km of secondary,O&G roads, servicing Cat engines, there is a huge O&G presence in that area, pipe-lining ,gas drilling, seismic, several choppers flying portable drilling machines from dusk till dawn,

other than that it is very peaceful, lol

lunatic
08-13-2011, 09:17 PM
[QUOTE=elkdom;960533]spent the last 2 days down in that area, put on about 200 km of secondary,O&G roads, servicing Cat engines, there is a huge O&G presence in that area, pipe-lining ,gas drilling, seismic, several choppers flying portable drilling machines from dusk till dawn,

other than that it is very peaceful, lol[/QUOT

Probably passing you on the road every day. I'm looking after a rig just after the pavement ends coming from the Dawson side and one on the Noel road. Yep....it's busy! Get off the "beaten path". Nice FS campsite at Thunder Creek as well.