PDA

View Full Version : Fernie 3D fun shoot and $1000 Extreme, August 20 & 21st!!

evhunter
08-10-2011, 06:43 AM
http://www.ferniergc.com/archery.html

Getting closer! August 20 & 21st. 45 target fun shoot over 3 courses and a separate Extreme loop (Saturday only) with a chance to win $1000! As well as prizes offered for secondary top scores, top female (Nikon "She Safari" binoculars and case) and top youth shooters. For more info, log onto the URL above.

Mikey Rafiki
08-10-2011, 07:33 AM
Go get 'em Earl!

rocksteady
08-10-2011, 09:40 AM
Are crossbow shooters welcome????

evhunter
08-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Are crossbow shooters welcome????

Crossbow shooters are welcome to participate in the 45 target "fun shoot", but are not eligible for the Extreme shoot.

greybark
08-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Are Traditional Bowhunters and Archers welcome ???
Cheers

evhunter
08-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Are Traditional Bowhunters and Archers welcome ???
Cheers

Absolutely!! On the 45 target course, we have "traditional shooting stakes" at each target. As a side note, you can take part in the Extreme shoot competitive course as well, but you'd be at a huge disadvantage! The Extreme course will be open to all shooters, including crossbows, (for fun) on Sunday.

greybark
08-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Hey Evhunter , That sounds like a partical welcome .The last Cdn Chs I attended my entry funds were put into "general shoot funds" and were partly used for Grand Prix trophys and prises for Highest score (M&F) and Highest Score (M&F)overall . The Traditional , Youth and Junior classes were in fact Ostracized but their funds certainly were not .
I fully understand the difficulity in stageing a first class event and trying to touch all bases and hope entry fees are appropriate.
I just might make it up prior to an Elk hunt .
Cheers

evhunter
08-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Hey Evhunter , That sounds like a partical welcome .The last Cdn Chs I attended my entry funds were put into "general shoot funds" and were partly used for Grand Prix trophys and prises for Highest score (M&F) and Highest Score (M&F)overall . The Traditional , Youth and Junior classes were in fact Ostracized but their funds certainly were not .
I fully understand the difficulity in stageing a first class event and trying to touch all bases and hope entry fees are appropriate.
I just might make it up prior to an Elk hunt .
Cheers

Our fun shoots are exactly that... fun and not competitive!! We only give prizes to the youth in our fun shoots. High scores in our very limited categories get a mention and that's about it. We are a hunting/ conservation club (Fernie Rod and Gun Club) and our courses are set up as realistic hunting scenarios. Most of our members are hunters and our August shoots are a popular warm up for the up coming hunting season. Hope to see a good turn out!!

greybark
08-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Hey evhunter that sounds great and although the shoot is a little too early for me I may make it .
Sorry fo the misunderstanding .

Cheers

evhunter
08-15-2011, 12:29 PM
This weekend!!