PDA

View Full Version : Blisters after boot break in!!!

fuzzy
08-08-2011, 08:34 PM
I bought a pair of Alico Guide boots about a year or two ago and broke em in and have been enjoying them lots.Wearing them hiking, snowshoeing, hunting and camping. Its been about 2 months since i have worn them and i wanted to break my new pack and myself in tonight so i toss on the boots. 5 minutes in i can feel the toe part digging into my big toe just behind my nail as i rocker forward. By the time i got back to the truck the skin is toast and foot is bleeding pretty good.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions, i dont want to replace a pair of boots that have years of life left and i really dont want to spend the 3-4 hundred dollars it will require to do so.

fuzzy

Paulyman
08-08-2011, 08:44 PM
I coat any part of my foot that gets irritated with Vaseline, does the trick everytime!

cavebear
08-08-2011, 08:49 PM
try a high quality duben to soften the leather it could be the leather dried out

Deaddog
08-08-2011, 08:50 PM
your boots have just dried out and shrunk a bit, either use your normal water proofing and work them a bit ( I have used the handle part of a screw driver to "lift" the inside of my boots) or get them good and wet and wear them till they dry....they will be fine if you do this, happens all the time to mine..

Everett
08-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Your boots dried out from sitting without being used.

Ride Red
08-08-2011, 09:05 PM
1. Untie boots
2. Shove tennis ball into toe area
3. lace up tight
4. recondition leather
5. let sit for a few days and retry
It's worked for me many times, sometimes leave the ball in longer to get desired effect.

fuzzy
08-09-2011, 07:31 PM
thanks guys

Pulling out the obenaufs tonite and cleaning em up!

fuzzy

dutchie
08-09-2011, 10:43 PM
I coat any part of my foot that gets irritated with Vaseline, does the trick everytime!

I have never done this but Paulyman is a Mountaineer... they wear nasty boots... probably harder then hell to break in.

I have never done it but if Paulyman suggests it I would try it in a heart beat!

Dutchie