PDA

View Full Version : Peep sight popped out

Slinky Pickle
08-08-2011, 07:19 PM
I just had my peep sight pop out of my bow string. I had just given the string a good waxing. I'm not sure if that's what caused it or not.

Any tips on re-inserting it into the sting?

Vader
08-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Usually you tie them in so that doesn't happen. Go buy a string separator. Relax the bow draw weight about 10 lbs. (5 turns? each limb bolt alternating one turn each bolt). Carefully separate the strands with the peep tool. Re-insert and reset the bow weight. Make sure you tie it in.
Use no screwdrivers or butter knives to do this.. you will damage strands or fibers and reduce the life of the string.
Best take it to somebody who has done one or a shop.. watch and learn..

Bowzone_Mikey
08-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Yep ... what Vader said ... but be aware that all bows are not equall when it comes to backing off .... For instance ... My Diamond that I just sold was 2 pounds per turn ... My Elite is 4 pounds per turn ....

Know what bow you have and how long the limb bolt is

Bow Walker
08-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Be very careful not to back your limb bolts out too far! Imminent, catastrophic, failure.......

Clean the grooves on the peep before re-installation. Serve the peep well, and don't be shy about tying the serving so that it's about an inch long on the top and bottom of the peep - it'll go a long way towards keeping the peep in place. Make the serving as tight as you can.

Slinky Pickle
08-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks guys. I'll get some serving string and give it a shot.

Bowzone_Mikey
08-09-2011, 01:14 PM
Thanks guys. I'll get some serving string and give it a shot.

Waxed dental floss/tape works great.. way lighter than serving string if you are concerned about speed ....

I use it to tie all my accesories in (peep, rest cord nock points and serve where my string stopper hits)

Slinky Pickle
08-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Waxed dental floss/tape works great..

Cool, I even have that in stock! Thanks Mikey!

Bow Walker
08-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Get the scentless stuff....

Vader
08-09-2011, 09:59 PM
20-25lb braided flyreel backing works in a pinch as well.

Riverbc
08-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Yep ... what Vader said ... but be aware that all bows are not equall when it comes to backing off .... For instance ... My Diamond that I just sold was 2 pounds per turn ... My Elite is 4 pounds per turn ....

Know what bow you have and how long the limb bolt is

Don't mean to sidetrack this thread...but does anyone know how many pounds per turn 2011 PSE Bowmadness has?