PDA

View Full Version : Trail cam angle adjustment tip

Slinky Pickle
08-08-2011, 06:48 PM
When I mount my trail cams, I usually try to lag bolt the security box right to a tree some how. Unfortunatley, trees don't necessarily grow at the ideal angle to mount the camera on.

So, I took an old felling wedge and drilled a couple of holes through it that matched the mounting holes of me camera's security box. Now I can either mount the camera right to the tree or sandwich the wedge between the camera and the tree in order to tip it up or down. It's cheap, weather proof and quite secure.

Elkaholic
08-09-2011, 06:36 AM
Smart idea on using the wedge and pre-drilling holes. We had to adjust one just the same and had to use a branch or two to do the trick. But your method sounds alot better. Can't wait to see the new pics.

Slinky Pickle
08-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Ya, I've used sticks in the past but they were always pretty easy to remove. I figured that if the stick came out, some unsavoury sort would find the camera much easier to steal. The wedge just hides everything nicely. Also, I've had furry things pull the sticks out too.

I can't wait to see the new pics either. I'm finding it tough not to run up and haul the card out right now :)

open-sights
08-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Check out the RCX cameras for ease to set up, realtime preview on hand held module and threaded alignment adjustment knob makes everything super easy.