PDA

View Full Version : Moose Hunting in 6-2 B , Tweedmuir Park

bcsteve
08-07-2011, 10:33 PM
We got our second choice LEH moose draw this year in 6-2 B. We knew it would be an adventure if we did get it as it is a boat access zone only. Anybody ever hunted up there before. We're doing our homework but I'd like to hear from guys that have been there. Any trails to hunt from? Hunting the shores by boat? Looks like it's also any bucks for mulies and whitetails.

Thanks

todbartell
08-07-2011, 10:49 PM
bring a fishing rod, rainbows 10 lbs

pathfinder55
08-07-2011, 10:52 PM
Have hunted 6-2 A. B does not have the logging road network that A does, just be aware that there is a 1km no hunting corridor along the lake in Tweedsmuir Park....Peter

bcsteve
08-07-2011, 10:57 PM
bring a fishing rod, rainbows 10 lbs

That's always a bonus! Good to know, thanks.

Have hunted 6-2 A. B does not have the logging road network that A does, just be aware that there is a 1km no hunting corridor along the lake in Tweedsmuir Park....Peter

Yeah, we noticed that theres a bunch of roads on teh A side and the 1000 m no hunting on the south shore. Thanks.

bcsteve
08-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Anybody else?

Darksith
08-08-2011, 03:09 PM
there are trails in there, you gotta know how to find the heads of them though. You wanna cross the lake by the bible camp, there is a landing there that is basically on the boarder between A and B. I would personally take my boat through the portages into there rather than try and hike in off the lake through the trails. You will need a chainsaw winch to pull this off. Send me a PM and I can hook you up with most of the info you will need to pull this hunt off.

bcsteve
08-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Darksith, PM sent.

tetachuck
08-09-2011, 11:28 PM
I managed the Lodge on Tetachuck Lake for 10 years. It is located on the west end of Tetachuck at the Redfern Rapids. I can help with info if that is the way you are planning on going.

Cheers
Allan