PDA

View Full Version : SPOT 2 Messenger

08-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Well, I bought the wife and I 'our' :) anniversary present the other day. I bought a SPOT 2. So far so good. Can't wait to get out and use it. The initial test in the driveway seemed to work.

The wife is always into safety stuff and so it's good peace of mind. plus her Dad just had a heart attack a while ago, so it will be great during hunting season for sure.

Now just to figure out all the in's and out's.

Thanks SRUPP for all the advice!

Bisonfirst
08-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Nice. I am curious as to how good those are.

rifleman
08-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Cool I just got one also. I have about a dozen e-mails & a couple of cells that I can send a message to.

kodiak10
08-09-2011, 09:48 PM
We had one on our sheep hunt last year. It stopped working and everyone was worried thought we were bear food. They replaced it with a free year.

srupp
08-10-2011, 02:41 PM
hmmmm good news.303 any further help just PM me..

cheers

Steven

jonz
08-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Been using an older model SPOT for year and a half now, works great. Would love to get a newer one which would enable outgoing text messages.

08-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Been using an older model SPOT for year and a half now, works great. Would love to get a newer one which would enable outgoing text messages.

Yeah, it's nice when you can have the custom messages etc. ie animal down, need help or if you are out on a hike which requires a shuttle at the other end or something. I just got the basic package which allows one custom msg apparently. I don't know if I would need the multitude of texts, but we'll see. Wife was very happy when I finally showed her what 'we' bought.

troutseeker
08-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Had mine three years now, still going strong. Just used it this week from the bush near Fernie.