PDA

View Full Version : DeLorme Earthmate PN-60w with SPOT Satellite Communicator

kelmore
08-06-2011, 08:33 PM
cabellas canada has these on for 350.00 right now. if you go to there site and search spot it show up if you try to order it it says 450 I called them and they gave it to me for 350

BlacktailStalker
08-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Cool. Let us know how they work. That one has the text messaging you can perform while in the field correct ?

tbocking
08-11-2011, 07:17 AM
I used it on my sheep hunt this year it works great the texting works fine just takes a long time. I was disappointed in the satelite imagery for canada there really isnt much unless you are near the more populated areas. But as for a gps it works good

Gunner
08-11-2011, 09:20 AM
I used it on my sheep hunt this year it works great the texting works fine just takes a long time. I was disappointed in the satelite imagery for canada there really isnt much unless you are near the more populated areas. But as for a gps it works good
That is the only problem with the Pn-60W,the mapping available for Canada is nowhere near as good as what they have available in the States.I used mine in Montana with the 1:24000 BLM maps,in Canada the best you can get is 1:50,000 Government topos.Other wise it is a 1st class unit,but if mine hadn't been a gift I would have bought Garmin.
Gunner