PDA

View Full Version : Decision dilemma

MichelD
08-05-2011, 01:14 PM
So many choices, so little time.

There’s a spot in the alpine of region 8 that I desperately want to go to on opening day Sept. 10 looking for a 4-point mulie. Trouble is there is another place also in Region 8 I want to hunt later and if successful in the opener, then I’m tagged out for the season in region 8 with the one deer.

There’s a Region 2 alpine spot I want to check out too on the opener and it is for any buck and as I have no venison in the freezer, the thought of spotting a 2 or 3 point up there has me salivating.

I wonder which one would be just as good a week later?

I want to be in both places at once and can’t make up my mind where to go.

Not to mention I’m struggling with where to choose for the Sept. 1 Region 3 opener.

My fave spot that was hike-in only has been opened up into a quad trail so it is not so quiet and undisturbed as it used to be Sept. 1 after a summer of quadding, so I’m discouraged from going there and I’m really unfamiliar with anywhere else. I do know of two possibilities, but bridges were iffy on the last trips to both those places, and substantial griz sign is everywhere.

Hmmmm. Flip a coin? Oija board? Tarot cards? Chicken entrails?

08-05-2011, 01:17 PM
Reigon 8 first then go to 2
imo. 8 would be a funner hunt hence prioritizing it over 2

pg83
08-05-2011, 02:18 PM
I would also go to region 8. You have a good chance of a great buck if you are in the alpine on opening day(more so if that alpine is hike-in only).

Big Lew
08-05-2011, 02:38 PM
I don't hunt region 2 up high real early as much anymore because of the no-see-ums and blackflies, especially when having to sit in one spot or while gutting. ( this year has been wet, so they're probably real nasty)

warnniklz
08-05-2011, 03:23 PM
I'd hunt 2 and knock down the first thing with bone sticking out of it's head then go looking for the big pig