PDA

View Full Version : Canadian National Master Hunt

GoldNGun Retrievers
08-05-2011, 12:57 PM
As the president of the Pacific Rim Hunting Retriever Club on Vancouver Island, I would like to invite everyone interested in seeing great retrievers from BC as well as the prairie provinces and Washington and Oregon state compete in our national test. The CNM will be held at Swallowfield, in the Chemainus Estuary August 15-19. The headquarters will be at the Westholme Heritage School on Mt Sicker Rd and will be open starting Sunday Aug 14. We will be having a silent auction at the school that anyone can participate in. We have lots to choose from in the wilent auction, ranging from hunting/training items, gift certificate, hunting trips, etc. Wednesday will be the upland series for those who might be interested. Information is available on the CNM website www.cnm2011.com (http://www.cnm2011.com). Pacific Rim Hunting Retriever Club website is www.prhrc.com (http://www.prhrc.com), or feel free to pm me for more information.

Louise Roberts
President PRHRC

Jimsue
08-05-2011, 02:17 PM
do you need to qualify for this?

Jimsue
08-05-2011, 02:21 PM
just found it, so if I have an FC or an AFC ya still dont qualify, strange?

GoldNGun Retrievers
08-05-2011, 04:46 PM
No, sorry you don't qualify. This is the first year we have had a reciprical agreement with the AKC. We are a relatively new National so perhaps in the furture there will be a reciprical agreement between hunt test and field trials.:razz:

Lots'oLabs
08-08-2011, 10:44 PM
C'mon Jim, don't knock it til you've tried it. Lot's of fun.
These dogs that have qualified not only demonstrate great natural hunting instincts but have steadiness and impeccable line manners beyond what we normally see at a field trial.
Why would you think an FC should auto qualify?
I've judged and watched Master hunt Tests where Field Trial dogs have been dropped in the 1st series for breaking.
I'd encourage anyone to turn out and watch these dogs work.
Hope to see lots of interested people come out and have a look.

Deb
The opening day is Monday Aug. 15th.

labguy
08-09-2011, 08:09 AM
just found it, so if I have an FC or an AFC ya still dont qualify, strange?

There are many, many FTCH's that couldn't cut a Master Hunt Test..........the extra excitement blows their little minds unless they are trained for it.

I've run Master tests with my Open dogs and it's definitely a challenge.....doable but a challenge....and a lot of fun for handlers and dogs.

Jimsue
08-09-2011, 09:02 AM
I dont think the HT people are worried about a flood of FT dogs showing up and crashing their party, and vice versa. I was just asking a question. I know with CKC if you get a placing in the Junior at a FT you can send in and get a WCI . You have a point about some FT dogs being to high to sit through all the bells and whistles, but beware of the old wise ones......

Lots'oLabs
08-09-2011, 11:01 AM
CKC stopped giving out default WCI titles several years ago (as they should).
IMO every title should be earned by qualification or earning of points in the case of Field Trials.
Having said that, I am happy to see reciprocity between AKC Hunt Tests and CKC Hunt Tests.

The deciplines involved to train Hunt Tests and Field Trials are different.For me right now, I've hung up my white coat for camo and will be in attendance on Monday morning with the other entrants.
The training has been a challenge but lots of fun (especially for Sue ;)).
Deb

Jimsue
08-09-2011, 12:56 PM
will any of the HT people talk to you since they know you come from the dark side? Best of luck to you and Sue!!

GoldNGun Retrievers
08-09-2011, 10:06 PM
We HT people are a very freindly lot and talk to everyone, some of us even go so far as to have some success wearing a white coat, as in the two dogs I am running in the National. Both hold QFTRs (owner trained and handled, goldens no less......):grin:

labguy
08-10-2011, 07:33 AM
We HT people are a very freindly lot and talk to everyone, some of us even go so far as to have some success wearing a white coat, as in the two dogs I am running in the National. Both hold QFTRs (owner trained and handled, goldens no less......):grin:

A Golden????????? No way......Tell me it isn't so.......:shock:

Kasomor
08-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Good luck to all the competitors...no matter what kind of retriever they have!

Would have loved to come and watched for the day but the cost of the ferry is a killer so I will have to be content with coming to run the HRC test on the 27 and 28. :)

Kasomor
08-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Any one found the call backs???

rburm
08-16-2011, 09:34 PM
http://www.cnm2011.com/callbacks.htm

Hope that works

Lots'oLabs
08-17-2011, 09:43 PM
Sue and I are still in and hanging on.:-D:-D
Fun, fun, fun today in the sit to flush test.
Our cock pheasant flew away with lots of cackle.
Sue had a ball!

Tonight at the workers party a good time was had by all with great food, a zinger winger raffle (won by lucky Goldnguns Louise), and a ton of awesome silent auction items (by the way honey, I'm bringing a few things home:)).

Thanks to the many PRHRC and VIRC club members who came to help out by throwing birds, gunning, planting birds, managing traffic, hauling equipment.....and the list goes on.
Many hands have made this an event to remember.

Deb

rburm
08-17-2011, 10:40 PM
Huge congrats Deb!!!! Will keep my fingers crossed for you:)

Kasomor
08-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Congratulations to Deb and Sue!!

Add a NMH to Sue's moniker!!

WOO-HOOO!!

Lots'oLabs
08-19-2011, 08:07 PM
Thank you very much Linda,

Got home a couple of hours ago... a little dinner and a bottle of Italian red. I'm exhausted.
What a week for me and all the other competitors. Many many congrats to the other qualifiers.
A great group and a whole lot of fun!

Cheers,
Deb and NMH Maralan's Man In Black JFTR QFTR MH (Sue:-D).

Jimsue
08-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Good job Deb, give that big bugger a cookie from me.

Islandeer
08-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Way to go Deb!!

Curious though as to why a Hunt Test dog can run an open FT or Qual for that matter, and a FT dog is prohibited from running in a Grand?

Lots'oLabs
08-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Not prohibited.... they just have to qualify like any other dog/handler team at any given National event.
An example of this is if you want to run a National field trial , you need to qualify with a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place ribbon.
In order to run in a National Hunt test you have to qualify with a Master Hunter title and a pass during that National season.

However....I know you're just yank'in my chain............ we'll talk. (wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more, say no more:wink:

Deb

Lots'oLabs
08-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Good job Deb, give that big bugger a cookie from me.
Thanks Jim, consider Sue to be hugged and cookie'd!
Deb

Islandeer
08-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Yah ... very happy for you and sue, and for kicking butt over there, you probably were the best " passer" .

Lots'oLabs
08-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Yah ... very happy for you and sue, and for kicking butt over there, you probably were the best " passer" .

There were lots more work done by dogs that exceeded Sue's performance! Goldn'Guns Rick and Louise also both qualified and showed great dog work as did all other qualifiers.