PDA

View Full Version : Osoyoos Lake

08-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Just purchased a cottage on Osoyoos Lake (www.osoyooscottages.com). The cottage won't be built until next summer but I'm wondering about fishing in the area. What kind of fish can you catch in Osoyoos Lake?

We are going to camp out on our lot this weekend. Any tips would be greatly appreciated :)

Mikey Rafiki
08-05-2011, 09:42 AM
good bassin' I hear. largemouth.

urbanhermit
08-05-2011, 09:54 AM
both, LM and Small mouth. Sockeye may be in there with the high water, not sure if there is a season or not this year. Some large trout with downrigger as well. Used to have decent numbers of kokinee, whitefish. Careful how much you eat though, they were close to shutting down the fishery because of mercury, who knows the truth though. Monster monster carp fishing off the beach where youre at there, great way to spend an evening with a bucket of chicken and cold beer, dont get too far from the rod hahaha.

Iron Glove
08-05-2011, 10:07 AM
We camped at Haynes Point last year and the Son-In-Law went kayaking maybe 20 - 50 m offshore and fly fished into the "weeds" and caught a couple of huge bass.

bighornbob
08-05-2011, 10:09 AM
Also have Black crappie and sunfish also. That lake has more different fish in it then any other lake in BC.

bhb

walks with deer
08-06-2011, 12:06 AM
Heard they opened sockeye there or are this week
Only fished it once bass massacare they tasted good too.
Start fishing before first light once the tourests hit the water 830 game over for bass

walks with deer
08-06-2011, 12:31 AM
Morning 1 drove around with coffees catching perch saw hundred of big fish jumping 100yds off shore
Day 2 went in with dewys not sure what I was chaseing are hooks were to small but they swallowed and it was back to back hook ups got afficted to bass fishing now day unless salmon are open I destroy them on the coast after eating the first ones