PDA

View Full Version : Test set in Albion netted 74 and 40 Sockeye today

Whonnock Boy
08-04-2011, 10:24 PM
Pretty good considering they are fishing with a larger net. Not a bad day for Chinook either at 14 and 7. Now that the water levels have subsided a bit, it might be a good time to get out there. Has anyone been out? How have you done?

coach
08-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Heading out tomorrow. Camping on the river overnight. Will have a report and hopefully some pics on Sunday night.

Whonnock Boy
08-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Heading out tomorrow. Camping on the river overnight. Will have a report and hopefully some pics on Sunday night.

Sounds good coach. Today they netted 7 and 13 Chinook. Not bad numbers considering previous test set numbers.

coach
08-05-2011, 10:31 PM
I've heard of a few getting caught. Some up to 40lbs. Hopefully sockeye open next week - but it's a lot nicer out there before the big crowds hit.

bandit
08-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Not sure about the fraser but heard a lot of sox getting caught and released on the vedder. Pinks are starting to show on the North Shore too.

coach
08-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Fishing for springs was slow this weekend for us. I managed to get one today about 18 pounds. My fishing partner was skunked as were the other guys we saw on the bar. We were just above Herrling island and fished the evening Saturday and morning today. Reports I heard were that Friday was really good - but lots of nets in the river on the weekend had an effect. We hooked a few sockeye and gently released them. They were great looking fish and really good size. Two of them would have gone pretty close to 10 pounds. Hope we get an opening soon! I'll post a better story and some pics tomorrow. Pretty exhausted right now!

- Coach

Whonnock Boy
08-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Last couple days have been good for the test sets. Yesterdays catch was 93 and 45 Sockeye, and 9 and 11 Chinook. Today would have been a good day to hit the river.