PDA

View Full Version : Best Video Camera to take hunting

MillBay
08-04-2011, 08:21 AM
Who is really happy with the quality of thier outdoor/hunting video's and if so what type of camera do you have? I like to Video my dogs hunting as well as my deer hunting trips and my old Sony Handy Cam with Mini digital tape is good quality but tape is long out dated. Thanks

huntcoop
08-04-2011, 08:59 AM
A few months ago I bought a Sony HDR-CX350V, works awesome and takes great video. It has both built in memory and flash memory with a removable SD card.

Mikey Rafiki
08-04-2011, 09:12 AM
Those Sony's are pretty good bang for your buck. My buddy has a CX130R, which is their cheepest HD, with 45x zoom. Worked great for a goat hunting video. You could clearly see him roll all the way down mountain.

Rock Doctor
08-04-2011, 09:57 AM
I have a VIO POV1 headcam that I really, really like, it's super easy to use, it's "hands free", uses AA batteries, takes SD memory cards, and seems to be fairly bulletproof. I was just looking online, and see that VIO has introduced an HD version.........very cool. The only issue, and I mean ONLY issue might be that you can not zoom in at all....although you can get a couple different cam heads with different fields of view (not sure about that with the HD).
Might be something to look into

RD