PDA

View Full Version : New UWAY NX80HD trail cam

Slinky Pickle
08-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Here's the first few videos from my new UWAY NX80HD trail cam. The video quality is awesome but there is some anoying background noise. It's pretty cool to be able to hear what's going on though.

Oh, and it appears to be bear proof :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ROmkrMFVz0

Whonnock Boy
08-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Haha, that's awesome. The back ground noise is annoying. Maybe something is wrong with it. Might want to call the manufacturer.

Jagermeister
08-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Definitely not a bush sound. Can you not increase the sensitivity of detection. That moose was pretty well heading out of sight by the time the camera triggered.

Slinky Pickle
08-03-2011, 07:14 PM
UWAY is already on top of sorting out the sound issues. They had me a fix in minutes!

There is no senitivity setting so we'll just have to see how it works out the next few times. When I tried it myself it seemed to fire up pretty quick. Maybe it was just a speedy moose.

Glenny
08-03-2011, 07:19 PM
I wached the following video called bears bears bears. Was on a uway cam and had no anoying sound. ou got it fixed now? ps having sound on the trailcam makes all the diff in the world. Goos stuff.

Slinky Pickle
08-03-2011, 07:24 PM
The background sound only gets annoying if there is no other natural sounds going on. The auto gain on the mike just keeps climbing until it finds something and when it's really quiet, that something turns out to be the camera itself. With the new firmware, as soon as there is some kind of sound in the background, the gain turns down and it's all good. I just need to find noisier critters.

Ddog
08-03-2011, 08:59 PM
gotta get one!

Iron Sighted
08-04-2011, 12:33 AM
Awesome footage of the bear, I don't think he likes getting his picture taken.

MillBay
08-04-2011, 07:43 AM
"The background sound only gets annoying if there is no other natural sounds going on. The auto gain on the mike just keeps climbing until it finds something and when it's really quiet, that something turns out to be the camera itself. With the new firmware, as soon as there is some kind of sound in the background, the gain turns down and it's all good. I just need to find noisier critters. "

I had a Sony Vidio Camera that did the same thing if it was quit.

Steeleco
08-04-2011, 09:24 AM
That was cool, I need to get one for the spot we found Elk this year!! Why do you think it only picked up the rump on the moose and not the whole beast?

Slinky Pickle
08-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Why do you think it only picked up the rump on the moose and not the whole beast?

I'm not sure about that. I have seen cases where if the ambient temperature is close to and animal's body temperature, the motion sensor (which is actually a heat sensor) cannot distinguish the object against the background. In this case though, the ambient was only 16°C. Maybe she ran in quickly and then slowed to a walk ???? Not sure. I will watch it and see what kind of response it comes up with in the future.

Slinky Pickle
08-08-2011, 06:42 PM
After talking with Chase at UWAY I think I know why the camera didn't pick up the moose until the last minute. The area directly ahead of the camera slopes down hill quite dramatically. It's hard to see in the video but if you move out about 15' it slopes down so that about 20 yards away it has probably dropped about 12' - 15'. Although the sensor range on this camera is quite wide, it's not tall enough to see down in the hole. It wasn't until the moose came up the last little bit that she "broke the beam" as it were.

I have relocated the camera to a different spot and this time I paid more attention to the tilt angle so hopefully it will yield some better video.