PDA

View Full Version : Just moved to kamloops

Tim
08-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Hey there,

Just moved to kamloops and I'm looking for some area's for quick hunts. Grouse, Pheasant, ducks, and such. It sure seems like there is alot of nice country out here!

happy hunting,

- Tim

leadpillproductions
08-03-2011, 01:29 PM
You can head up the end of tranquille rd up in the mountains top of the hill once you hit the gravel at there is a rd off a 90% corner good deer hunting in the back of there . hope that helps

finngun
08-03-2011, 05:08 PM
wellcome to the kamloops...tim.....and dont do quick hunt before 10 of next month.....you know why? but check the areas now....then you know.....but watch jell ..he lives in kamloops too..dont hit his honey hole jell is relly jellous wah-waHH

Jelvis
08-03-2011, 06:59 PM
You and Flannagan, "Stay Off My Mountain."
jelly S.

Darksith
08-03-2011, 07:30 PM
You and Flannagan, "Stay Off My Mountain."
jelly S.
flannagan...the train conductor or is there more than 1? If you want good grouse hunting head up towards pinnitan, and turn onto mount lolo. Theres lots of good grousing up there. I don't think we have any pheasant, I haven't ever seen 1, and as far as duck hunting goes I got nothing. Lots of good bird opportunities down any gravel road around kamloops though.

Bobfl
08-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Lots of moose deer, grouse behind lac le jaune, check out ridge and frog more area. quad access is better then truck there. Lots of trophy muleys back there, you have to walk for these
Oh did I give away a good moose area. and welcome
Good luck

Caveman
08-03-2011, 08:07 PM
The ridges along Kamloops lake or Walachin along the river is great for Chukkars if you're into them

Tim
08-03-2011, 09:25 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the info, I'm excited to be out of the lowermain land, gone are the days of a 3 hour drive for the tough hunting of hope! here's hoping for this season!

--Regards

M.Dean
08-03-2011, 09:40 PM
(If you want good grouse hunting head up towards pinnitan, and turn onto mount lolo. Theres lots of good grousing up there.) I'm not sure how much public land is up there to hunt, I know most of that area is owned by the TK'emlups Indian Band, so you'd want to check if there's any Crown land to hunt before you head up there. I hunt lots around Hyas Lake and there's grouse up there, also around Cherry Creek and the Red Lake area there's some good grouse hunting and quite a few deer running around. Even if your just going on a quick hunt, I'd wait until the season opens, I know there's very little hunting pressure this time of year, but I think the reason is because nothings open yet!

Caveman
08-03-2011, 09:42 PM
What ever it is you want to hunt, it is only minutes from home. Moose, deer, black bear, grouse, duck or geese. Fishing in all directions

Jelvis
08-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Stay Off My Valley ok. The Nor River Valley and drink a coffee at the new Timmy Hortons in the Nor Shore Kamloops, on Desmond St. opening September 1.
Jel .. Tim @ Tim's .. Hortons that is .. Tim Horton R.I.P. great restaurant .. chilli good
:-D

MillBay
08-04-2011, 07:32 AM
Harper moutian on the ski slops has good blue grouse but it's sure steep. Not sure if you can still hunt in there or not.

walks with deer
08-04-2011, 03:23 PM
I moved to Kamloops 2 years ago for work
my first season

I harvested a 4x4 muley 3x3 whitetail and a imature bull
my wife harvested a 3x3 muley and a 2 point whitetail in region 3 and region 8 and 5 are only a hour away and we cleaned up are other tags in those other area`s

Just get out now being august and see what you can see try every trail and road you can imagine bring a camera.And then like jelvis said you will be ready for opening morning.