PDA

View Full Version : Off to Kamloops

BigfishCanada
09-01-2006, 07:20 AM
Well, my nephew and I are off for the opening of Jr. Season. Last year him and I saw nothing so I really hope that 3 point i saw last weekend is still hangin around. He has never had a shot, so I'm hoping this is the year!!!

Ive got the cam and if we get one you'll see it.

Radar
09-01-2006, 07:27 AM
Good luck, glad to hear you are taking youth out, we need more of that.

mapguy
09-01-2006, 08:21 AM
since your bringin your nephew the west side of hefley creek all the way to clearwater is a really good area for deer

Hank Hunter
09-01-2006, 08:33 AM
Good luck guys, get a nice one for the nephew

Jelvis
09-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Hey john pardon my english, but, west side of Heffley Creek is highway 5 and right beside the hwy 5 is the North Thompson River, if you want to go where most hunters from Kammy go, you go up westsyde rd on the west side of the North Thompson reached from North Kamloops. J my son Creek drainage Reg.3 MU 28 ,goes way out to the east end of Bonaparte Lake, moocho deer and fair spike/forks bully winkles. The famous Bonaparte area! Now the Heffley area, reaced from hwy 5 east of the North Thompson, is another fair area Reg. 3. MU 27 go up Heffley turnoff towards Sun peaks ski place til you hit road north to Louis creek fair muleys and odd whitetail and some bull winkles.

mapguy
09-04-2006, 07:25 AM
ive gotten deer both sides of that erea hefley creek clearwater mind you a good map for those hard to reach places is always handy

BigfishCanada
09-05-2006, 12:55 PM
Well, Sept 1 saw nothing, no tracks or nothing, Sept 2 after a morning we see a buck running, Sept 2ndevening, we had a nice 4x3 which was totally shootable sit and stair, Nephew now understands what Buck fever is...lol, no he didnt even get a shot... owell.

Sept 3rd morning, A HUGE 5x4, 300 yards uphill, missed shot.Beauty buck( If he had gotten this it would have been the best first buck ive ever seen)....Well its called hunting not killing right.

We had alot of fun regardless, saw 3 bucks one doe and a bear behind every corner (lots of bears) and during the day we slayed nice trout that tasted awesome. I hope the kid had fun, I think he was a bit bummed on the missed bucks. (I told him to get used to that!

lol

Jelvis
09-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Too bad he missed the beauty buck now it's going to get bigger. Sounds like you guys had a riot, way to go helping your nephew he will always remember this positive experience with his Uncle, and he certainly won't forget the Buck that got away.xlnt BigfishCanuck.

mrdoog
09-05-2006, 04:52 PM
I bet he'll dream about that missed buck for years.
Sounds like it was great day, nothing better than fishing and hunting on the same trip.
We saw 2 nice bucks walk out from the TRU camus, across Summit Dr.on Friday, fine looking deer around Kamloops.