PDA

View Full Version : POI Changes with different Release?!!

allan
07-31-2011, 07:43 PM
I'm getting two diffent POI with two Different Styles of releases. I Just bought a TrueFire Hard core release buckle style Hook release and it shoots left 6" and down 4" at 20 yards compared to my original Fletcher Caliper .44. Is this normal? I've been shooting with my .44 release since I bought my bow and its shoots perfectly up to 60 yards. Now the new release still shoots tight groups but does not Zero the same! I didn't think that a different release would change things like this. Am I doing something wrong?
Please advise!!!
PSE Vendetta XL,
32", 70lb.
Quad Ultra Drop away.
Radial X Weave 400 arrows.

Bowzone_Mikey
07-31-2011, 08:28 PM
yep a differant release will change you POI ... some substantially ...

the true fire and the .44 are totally differant ... your anchor is sure have changed abit ... the caliper doesnt flip open like the hook does.

I shoot target with a Carter "Target 3", I hunt with a Carter 4 finger "Hunter" .... the hook on my T3 swings open to the left .. the hook on my Hunter swings to the right ... my anchor is exactly the same with both releases (as the only differance between then is the way the hook opens... and the hunter is a 4 finger where the t3 is 3) and there is a 5" differance at POI at 50 yards with them

donny.brooke
07-31-2011, 08:31 PM
I have the same thng happen to me when i switch from my caliper to hook style, the hook must cause a bit of drag on one side as its released? not sure exactly, i guess we will see what others have to say about it

Bow Walker
08-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Since I only use Fletcher releases I can't really say much, but I will say that I did have to adjust a bit when I went from a Fletch Hunter to a Fletch Hook release.

Having adjusted my sights, and dialed-in the pins I have to say that of all the release styles out there, i much prefer the hook style over any jaw style release.

Also - I absolutely will not use any caliper style release. Nope. Not me. Not gonna happen. Uh, uh.

Jonas111
08-01-2011, 09:40 PM
I shoot a Carter target 3 and a Tru Ball HT3 and my point of impact is almost identical. With in an inch at 30 yards. The thing I find with these two different releases is my anchor point is identical.

Just my opinion but if you use different releases and your anchor point changes then the arrow will definately have different impact points. One other thing I do with all my bows is have an aperture size in my peep that when looking through it all you see is the housing of the site and the pins inside. This way my alignment stays intact and changing releases shouldn't change things at all.

The rest of it is in my form. I still have to practice how to better release the arrow to be more consistent. My goal is constant 300 rounds in Vegas spot league. I am close shooting 294 to 299 mostly. Still haven't shot that perfect round. Soon I hope.

Ruger4
09-15-2011, 06:40 AM
Still haven't shot that perfect round. Soon I hope.
this fall , I feel a few perfect rounds comin on !!