PDA

View Full Version : ''late season'' moose

ratherbefishin
08-31-2006, 06:52 AM
Due to a couple of family obligations I won't be able to go way north for the ''any bull'' season in region 6.Has anybody had much luck on the ''late season''October 20-26 ''any bull'' season and if so,any advice as to where and how?[calling, locations etc]I'm from the island so am unfamiliar with the area, weather and conditions in late October.

mapguy
08-31-2006, 06:57 AM
upper morice river need cold weather

ratherbefishin
09-01-2006, 03:27 PM
so-is calling effective in the late season ,or are the bulls all tuckered out?also-are the really run down after their strenuos activeties-and what about the younger bulls[which would be better eating anyway]that didn't get a chance to breed-are they likely to respond to a cow call?

Geo.338
09-01-2006, 03:55 PM
In my experience the toughest moose hunting is after the rut.They head for the thick spruce and pine swamps and dont come to calling .They become alot more solitary .Good luck on your late season hunt !

longhairmtnman
09-02-2006, 06:41 AM
Been in on the region 6 open season the past two years. My party got moose both years but not without prior knowledge of the area. Be prepared for lots of hunters.

3kills
09-02-2006, 06:57 AM
i think u should still be able to call them in ur not to far past the rut yet....head up burns lake area....bonez lives up there...

GoatGuy
09-02-2006, 12:55 PM
That season can be really busy (hunter wise) depending on where you are. I've called 'em in during that season but they usually don't coming running in.

~T-BONE~
09-02-2006, 01:14 PM
I've rattled moose in twice while trying for mule deer in the last week of oct. and the second week of nov. Both times they came charging in. "what a rush" Both of these winkles were 3-4 years old. This was in the Mahood lake area Ihope this helps!