PDA

View Full Version : Homeless small game hunters!

Peter Pepper
07-30-2011, 11:27 AM
I thought this was funny. Especially the bit about ticketing the vagrents for poaching pigeons

http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/34/31/dtg_poachersbusted_2011_08_06_bk.html

Surrey Boy
07-30-2011, 11:43 AM
“They are the most threatening people in the park.” That's hilarious.

eaglesnester
08-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Up here in Canada we call it hunting. I guess the granola crunchers never heard of it. They go to Safeway where the meat is made in plastic wrapped packages and no animals were harmed in the process. B.S.

NorthShoreX
08-03-2011, 05:03 PM
It's good to know that "Beaky" is safe now.

lovemywinchester
08-04-2011, 03:54 PM
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/zippogold/hilarious-funny-photos-4.jpg

You have to eat! Wait another year as the US falls deeper into depression, there will be lots of people eating anything that moves. I read that the deer population was VERY low by the end of the depression in the 30s.

Gumsehwah
11-25-2011, 03:10 PM
:?A lot of old timers in the Gulf Islands used to say that "when the tide is out, the table is set." Most families used to supplement the larder with wild flora & fauna. I'm wondering about how those people complaining about the homeless people feel about eating berries and such from the park?

Downwind
11-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Sounds pretty typical to me...and sad. Let the homeless people starve and charge them for eating pigeon, you know they're an endangered species in NYC. Apparently these people would rather have them breaking into their cars stealing their stereos and selling that to be able to eat.

buck nash
11-25-2011, 07:47 PM
I got busted by park staff for picking blackberries in Tynehrad park in Surrey this year. He told me the only reason he didn't have cops charge me was cause I was with my developmentally delayed client. He sure was taking himself pretty seriously, especially when I made it clear that I thought the whole thing was rediculous. I pointed out that in another part of the park they had just finished mowing a bunch of it down cause it's so invasive. He just went on about how the signs clearly state that you aren't allowed . . .bla bla bla.

I didn't tell him I picked about 10lbs of nettle there in the spring or how I thought those squirrels were looking temptingly plump and tasty. Also never mentioned all the wild cherries I had earlier that month either. I'm not one to pass on a free meal.

Foxton Gundogs
11-26-2011, 11:05 AM
“they are the most threatening people in the park.” that's hilarious.

if u r a "critter"

uraarchr
12-16-2011, 09:12 PM
What about the crack dealers,murderers and rapists;maybe they're harmless?

JAFA
12-17-2011, 11:42 AM
If I was in a tough spot, kids hungry broke and homeless. I would be taking duck geese and whatever is edible. We might be homeless, but I would be damned if I would let my kids go hungry at the same time.

I have often wondered about our crowds of homeless people in Vancouver and why they don't go out and collect the ducks and geese. I would think there would be cooking fires everywhere, geese slowly roasting, the smells of roasted goose wafting through the parks. Tourists getting hungry from the tempting morsels.

Jim.

ROEBUCK
12-17-2011, 11:49 AM
If I was in a tough spot, kids hungry broke and homeless. I would be taking duck geese and whatever is edible. We might be homeless, but I would be damned if I would let my kids go hungry at the same time.

I have often wondered about our crowds of homeless people in Vancouver and why they don't go out and collect the ducks and geese. I would think there would be cooking fires everywhere, geese slowly roasting, the smells of roasted goose wafting through the parks. Tourists getting hungry from the tempting morsels.

Jim.

if they had that foresight ,they wouldnt be homeless

walks with deer
04-17-2012, 12:03 PM
I didnt have food.

And there was a bunch of tame fat geese kicking around something tells me they come with me.