PDA

View Full Version : HYW 99 Camp site help

Matty_ola
07-29-2011, 02:17 PM
Does any know of any rec sites allong Hyw 99 from lillooet to horseshoe bay? I'm heading to the island and need to stay over somewhere on the way, Not looking for anything fancy or anything just somewhere to set up the tent and grab some sleep before my 9am ferry ride.

Free rec sites are always a plus for me too if any exist:)

Thanks all for your help.

Gateholio
07-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Every organized camping spot in Sea to Sky is going to be busy this weekend. But, there are a number of rec sites on the Duffy Lake Road between Pemberton and Lillooet.

Between Pemberton and Whistler, there are a few FSR's that you can pull off and camp up. Most of the flat spots get filled up quick.

People seem to camp quite often just off the highway by the Rutherford Power Plant. Come down Suicide Hill, take one of the lefts or rights within the next KM or 2.

Everett
07-29-2011, 02:30 PM
There are three our four sites olong cayoosh creak south of Lilloet

Salty
07-29-2011, 05:23 PM
There are three our four sites olong cayoosh creak south of Lilloet

Yup, watch for little brown parkish looking signs. You can pretty much see them all from the hwy. I've camped at a couple of them good enough for a crash after too much driving.. like gate says it'll be busy I'm sure - but there's quite a few sites hidden away here and there. ..

XPEIer
07-29-2011, 07:49 PM
www.recsitesandtrailsbc.ca (http://www.recsitesandtrailsbc.ca)

Haberdasher
07-29-2011, 09:51 PM
They have an updated link:

http://www.sitesandtrailsbc.ca/

Iron Sighted
07-30-2011, 08:33 AM
Yup, watch for little brown parkish looking signs. You can pretty much see them all from the hwy. I've camped at a couple of them good enough for a crash after too much driving.. like gate says it'll be busy I'm sure - but there's quite a few sites hidden away here and there. ..

Just passed through there yesterday, most of those sites along the Duffy Lake area didn't look too full, just the usual gong shows where the cabins are and the Joffre Lakes parking lot. Rogers Creek and Cottonwood sites looked empty when I drove past around 11:30 in the morning.

Matty_ola
07-30-2011, 09:28 AM
Thanks for all the info fellas. There is a pullout right before duffy lake that was totally empty and free:)

Always amazes me how lucky we are to live in such a gorgeous province. On to Cambell river for 4 days of fishing.

Cheers, Matt