PDA

View Full Version : Cunningham Pass Road (AKA 3100 Road) Closed

Jagermeister
07-28-2011, 11:59 PM
This is the road that leaves the Bowron Lake Road near Barkerville and goes to Likely via Maeford Lake. The road is closed due to a severe washout between the 21 and 26 kilometer markers. This washout is in the stretch between Barkerville and the Cariboo River. Those wanting to access Ghost Lake, Mathews River, Mitchell River and the Cariboo River will have to do so from Likely. The access from Likely the aforementioned places appears to be limited also. Here is the link. http://www.bclocalnews.com/bc_cariboo/quesnelobserver/breaking_news/126346678.html

srupp
07-29-2011, 02:49 AM
taht stretch has washed out more than a few times in the past also..good update..

steven

Mooseter
07-30-2011, 07:58 PM
How is the road from likley to cariboo lake rec site?

XPEIer
07-31-2011, 06:27 AM
Mooster, if you mean Ladies Creek Rec Site, the road is fine, I was there on Friday. If your going soon, may want some bug juice, 5 gallons should cut it.

Mooseter
07-31-2011, 08:26 AM
Thanks XPEIer---Thats the name I couldn't remember....CRS I guess (can't remember sh**)

Planning on going about next Thursday . Bugs in Clearwater too...

Thanks for the help....T

Jagermeister
07-31-2011, 10:42 AM
Should be a good year for gold panning around the Cariboo with all the flooding and earth moving.

srupp
07-31-2011, 11:10 AM
exellent deer hunting also..deer stayed down due to the cooler weather..cant see em going high again..moose are along the river just up from Ladies creek...

as for gold YES it should be a good year..I have a big gold nugget I panned years ago up there..maybe $1800 for the one nugett if sold..using a pie plate..lol

cheers

Steven

Backcountry archer
07-31-2011, 12:42 PM
This is the road that leaves the Bowron Lake Road near Barkerville and goes to Likely via Maeford Lake. The road is closed due to a severe washout between the 21 and 26 kilometer markers. This washout is in the stretch between Barkerville and the Cariboo River. Those wanting to access Ghost Lake, Mathews River, Mitchell River and the Cariboo River will have to do so from Likely. The access from Likely the aforementioned places appears to be limited also. Here is the link. http://www.bclocalnews.com/bc_cariboo/quesnelobserver/breaking_news/126346678.html
Thanks for that update. My son tried to go out to Ghost two weeks ago and told us it was gone (that part of the road).

I hope they intend to fix her up since it is classed as a "scenic circle route" for tourists and also since we have a Moose draw up there for the middle of October. Don't like the idea of having to go all the way around.