PDA

View Full Version : Where to go?

Buck Skin
07-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Looking for a place for a newish fly fisher to catch some fish (dont have to be huge) near abbotsford/chilliwack around 1hour drive. lake river stream what ever. dying to catch some fish.

any advice is greatly apprciated
cheers, bs

shotgunner
07-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Try Mill Lake i n Abbotsford. The stock it with catchables and excess from the hatchery. Might have an age srestriction on it so check the regs.

tim3500
07-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Jones lake

Buck Skin
07-28-2011, 08:33 PM
Jones lake
where abouts is jones lake?

crazybushcreature
07-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Jones lake is between chilliwack and Hope. its like a 40 minute drive from chilliwack. U can get there in a car but its way easier in a truck. Fishing can be great or it can suck just like any other lake. Jones u can have just as much luck fishing from shore as in a boat. all the fish i have ever caught in that lake has been casting distance from shore. I like going up to cultus lake once in a while and playing with the Pike Minnow with the fly rod. They can be a lot of fun. U just dont wanna eat them cause they are a sucker fish. The vedder river in chilliwack too has some good trout fishing on the fly. but most of the trout are juvinile steelhead and all wild trout have to be released. But its still alot of fun. Do you have a boat to fish out of? What do u have a for a fly rod? floating line/ sinking line?

421fighter
07-28-2011, 09:02 PM
A couple of lakes East of Harrison, in the Sasquatch park, Deer Lake has some about a foot long, haven't tried Hicks, though. Good road, easy launch.. Lots of skeeters, though. Jones lake is, I'm told, a 4x4 road. Tried to go up last year with my jeep, and got an overheat trans sign, so quit. As far as I went, it was pretty rough, though.

sarg
07-28-2011, 09:02 PM
lake of the wood just past hope on the #7,

stanway
07-29-2011, 08:13 AM
lake of the wood just past hope on the #7,

Actually, that is on the #1. It is past the intersection of #7 & #1 (North).

Flin Flon
07-29-2011, 09:01 AM
weaver lake is good google earth it.

Buck Skin
07-29-2011, 09:14 AM
Jones lake is between chilliwack and Hope. its like a 40 minute drive from chilliwack. U can get there in a car but its way easier in a truck. Fishing can be great or it can suck just like any other lake. Jones u can have just as much luck fishing from shore as in a boat. all the fish i have ever caught in that lake has been casting distance from shore. I like going up to cultus lake once in a while and playing with the Pike Minnow with the fly rod. They can be a lot of fun. U just dont wanna eat them cause they are a sucker fish. The vedder river in chilliwack too has some good trout fishing on the fly. but most of the trout are juvinile steelhead and all wild trout have to be released. But its still alot of fun. Do you have a boat to fish out of? What do u have a for a fly rod? floating line/ sinking line?
I have a six wieght fly rod and floating line and im fishing out of a canoe.

mr eagle
07-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Weaver, Jones, Hicks, and Deer lakes are all good canoe/flyfishing lakes. Wading the Skagit south of Hope for rainbows and the odd big bull trout is very enjoyable as well, make sure to bring bring bug spray if you go there though.