PDA

View Full Version : Renfrew ? Wind?

bigshooter
07-28-2011, 09:11 AM
Port Renfrew has a gale warning for this weekend, and the wind is west, does this mean that the wind will be comming from the west or blowing west? If it is blowing west off the west coast will it be ok tight to shore? I don't know why I care I will be going anyways. Any reports? It sounds good. :confused:

07-28-2011, 09:14 AM
West wind means comming from the west yes.
I wouldnt go to Renfrew in a gail. But then ive never fished Renfrew to know. Gail warnings are bad mmmm k 30 knots is a Gail

bc mike
07-28-2011, 09:52 AM
A westerly gail is coming from the west. It will not be ok tight to the rocks if it does blow that hard. You should care! Sounds like a better boating course is needed.

bigshooter
07-28-2011, 11:00 AM
[QUOTE=bc mike You should care! Sounds like a better boating course is needed.[/QUOTE]

Ok cool guy this is prep for boating, hide behind your computer much, I don't care I will be camping anyways set up a month ago nothing I can do about it. I would imagin that the wind will start off slow and pick up or the weather may change. I hate people like you.

07-28-2011, 11:15 AM
Easy boys!
little mis understanding! Never listen to the weather until you are sitting in your boat at the dock warming up the motor to leave!
weather changes fast. You may get up there and it will all be good or it may suck. If there is a gail warning stay close enough that you can run home without Dyin' I have worked on the ocean in everything from 20' to 80' boats. Never listened to weather until you were getting ready to go, And if the weather was on the edge you kept your hat on backwards and the weather channel on.

Ever been on a 84' boat in a 75 knot wind? sucks

Piperdown
07-28-2011, 11:25 AM
You can get out of some of the shiet by fishing east point, as 835 said listen to the weather channel. i know they are calling for a low pressure system to come in so this is why the forecast for wind. Sometimes in Renfrew they call for a gale on the southwest side of the island but they may also say variable south of estavan, if so you are good to go. You can still fish close to shore in big wind in Renfrew but be carefull

bigshooter
07-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Port McNeill was to be 15 to 20 knot winds last week, I had to keep the engine running just to keep from fishing the same piece of bottom. It was beautiful on the water all weekend, strong wind warning and all...

835 did you get out?

07-28-2011, 11:35 AM
I rarely get out on the ocean these days. My dad has a Champion Explorer 185 that he fishes hard in the winter. Summer i just have so much going on
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?69516-Gettin-Some-Fly-time
these were the last 3 weekends. The picks on the boat was the first time id been out for months.

I love the Chuck, But my wife loves her Sage!

07-28-2011, 11:42 AM
I just noticed you posted in that thread, so i guess you've seen it!

I was up there last weekend but just went for a big walk. Should have gone out to Beacher and fished the Chuck. But i just bought my wife a Islander IR-3LA for her birthday and she wanted to try it out.

pappy
07-28-2011, 12:22 PM
Theres no wind in renny :) I have gone out a few times in shitty weather and you just have to accept the fact that it might be a beer drinking day in the campsite. We always went out to the end of the bay to have a look anyways and we have had to fish the eastside. If you do go out in the bad swells then watch your down rigger height so you don't tag bottom. If there are lots of boats coming in then you know some weather is coming your way.

bigshooter
07-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Great job on the real! After the weekend of fun fishing last week I think my wife might not kill me if I bought her fishing gear. Water is getting low in the cowichan I would guess? Spot and stalk time.

07-28-2011, 01:11 PM
Actually the water was higher then a couple weekends ago, They i guess are dumping water out the weir. Air temp was near 30deg on the river. Had one guy ahead of us but that usually doesnt matter much But we didnt get a damned fish!

Saturday we drove out to East Sooke park and saw a tonne of guys going home at 11am with their boats on the trailer. There is only one reason to go home at 11.

EDIT: on a flat calm sunny day