PDA

View Full Version : Queen Charlotte deer

BCHunterFSJ
07-27-2011, 11:28 AM
I am planning a trip to the charlottes in a few weeks time and hope to try hunting some of their deer with my brand new .243
My question concerns tags and limits... How will my taking say 2 deer on the Island impact my regular deer hunting on the mainland during November? Is there a special Charlotte license and tags??
Thanks...

Samsquantch
07-27-2011, 11:47 AM
there are QCI deer tags and books. Traylings tackle in rupert will have them.

stanway
07-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Yes, there are special tags and a separate booklet.

One Shot
07-27-2011, 12:34 PM
Yes, there are special tags and a separate booklet.

X2. Make sure that the tag book says;

Resident
Queen Charlotte Islands
Deer Species License
Booklet

The species tags will say;

British Columbia
Q.C. Islands Deer Licence
QCID ######

Anything else the store or Gov agent gives you makes it null and void and if you harvest places you in a position for a fine, siezure etc. if checked. This I watched happen to a hunter 2 years ago.

RustyRipper
07-27-2011, 10:33 PM
A guy I talked to at MOE told me you can use a regular mule deer tag (along with the QCI license booklet) but then it counts towards your provincial limit. If you use the QCI species tag then you can bag 13 sitkas, and still get your 2 muleys later. or 15 sitkas if you dont like muley. Sitkas taste way better in my opinion. I think its the lack of stress, no predators.

scott h
07-28-2011, 05:42 PM
A guy I talked to at MOE told me you can use a regular mule deer tag (along with the QCI license booklet) but then it counts towards your provincial limit. If you use the QCI species tag then you can bag 13 sitkas, and still get your 2 muleys later. or 15 sitkas if you dont like muley. Sitkas taste way better in my opinion. I think its the lack of stress, no predators.

I didn't think the QCI deer counted at all against the rest of your deer. Shouln't you be able to bag 15 QCI deer and then the rest of your regular licences??