PDA

View Full Version : P.a.l.

fudge
07-26-2011, 03:24 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows of someone that offers the P.A.L coures as my girlfriend would like to take it in the tri cities maple ridge area. She says she is a little intimidated with a bunch of guys so maybe a smaller group or womans group......

Jagermeister
07-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Nothing for her to be intimidated by, bunch of guys will be falling over each other to help her out. On the other hand, maybe you would be intimidated by a bunch of guys fawning over her.http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/images/smilies/thinking-006.gif

sarg
07-26-2011, 03:56 PM
yarrow guns works $100 a coures and she can do it by her self or with a small group. ask for gord he's a really nice guy.

yarrow gun works
4035 Eckert St
Chilliwack, BC V2R 5J6
(604) 823-6308

saskbooknut
07-26-2011, 05:27 PM
The students at Firearms safety courses are changing, at least here in Saskatchewan. We have many Moms/Son or Daughter pairs taking our courses. This demographic makes for less intimidating courses for women. Ask around. Your GF should also consider taking the course with a friend if it would add to her comfort level. There probably is a course that would not be intimidating to a woman being offered in your area.

Lovac
07-26-2011, 06:54 PM
I really like Silvercore. and I believe they have a female instructor.

brian
07-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Double for Silvercore. Big classes, but 10 minutes into it I doubt she would even be worried about all the dudes.

lineofsight
07-26-2011, 08:24 PM
My spouse is an instructor and if you have small group she can come to you or we use a hotel in south surrey.

Crimson Viking
07-26-2011, 08:45 PM
Wanstalls in maple ridge used to do a course

Kamikazi
07-26-2011, 11:02 PM
High Caliber is doing a course August 6th in Mission, $125.00, there will be two females there, and myself.

new hunter
07-26-2011, 11:35 PM
I enjoyed learning from silvercore , the class was a healthy mix of both sexes with a wide age range .
What I really liked about silvercore was that they had a ton of deactivated weapons and they gave us a lot of time to handle them .
They only taught for a half hour at a time and then gave us ten minutes to handle thew guns . Also to break the monotany they switched instructers half way through .
Also silvercore offers deals on used firearm they aquire {300 for used berreta 92da and 500 for 92fs } , as well as offering membership int the silvercore shooting club which helps with transport permits if you buy a restricted weapon . Silvercore still contacts my email to offer deals on weapons and courses.
Your girlfriend will be very comfortable with the class and instructers at silvercore and will get an excellent value for her money .