PDA

View Full Version : Pavillion Lake, BC --- what can you tell me??

mike_b
07-25-2011, 05:44 PM
Some friends and me are planning a weekend fishing trip, somewhere within 3 hours of the LML. Pavillion Lake entered my radar. Did a little research, looked at some pictures and it looks like a beautiful piece of paradise. BUT, how's the fishing? Hiking? There will be about 8 of us heading up, and since non of us has ever been there, I thought I'd ask the pros.

Cheers,
Mike

frenchbar
07-25-2011, 05:55 PM
i fish it lots ..this time of yr ..gang troll and wedding band ..flat fish ect with a worm..edge of the shoals evening with the fly rod may work ..heat of the summer they move out into the deeper vwater .hiking trail above crown lk which is nearby goes up into the bluffs ..can fish in crown and tourquoise lk and camp there as well its only a couple min north of there . good luck .

lovemywinchester
07-25-2011, 07:55 PM
I have caught fish in all three lakes there. Gin clear water in Pavillion, you can see way down!! Caught some nice bows in the west end but all spawners. Beautiful area all around. Check out Fountain lake not far from there. Lots of nice bows in there and lake side camping. I haven't been there for a few years but heard it was still good.
http://www.pavilionlake.com/
http://www.cayoosh.net/marble.html

Big Lew
07-25-2011, 08:45 PM
Incredibly clear water, so I've found using extra long leader helps, and this time of year, sometimes just after dawn, and into the late evening on flies. A word of caution if you go early in the year and plan on walking in the bush, especially toward the falls, the place is crawling with ticks.

mike_b
07-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the heads up on ticks. I was going to bring my dog, but probably leave him at home with the wife and kids now.

Beeswax
07-27-2011, 10:58 PM
The spring rain has filled Turqoise so high that Crown and Turquoise are one water body, that gin clear water in Turqoise is no more, it's all the tea colour of Crown, no idea how long it'll take to clear up again