PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Speices

Buck Skin
07-25-2011, 11:55 AM
What's your favorite speices of fish and why.
Just curious.
Mine would have to be rainbow trout on a leech.

madrona sh
07-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Sturgeon because they are the ultimate fresh water fishing experience.

07-25-2011, 12:08 PM
Well, that is so tough.....
I couldnt give any up. Tyee on a plug, Coho on a medium action spinning rod with 8lb in a river, Pike on a streamer in the lilies, Steel head droppin your Drennan in the winter while your guides are freezing,,,

To me there is no ultimate, I havent caught a sturgeon but i have killed more then my share of salmon and steel. To me they all have their place, but if someone told me i had to pick one and could fish no other,,,,, Gimme a Rainbow and a 4wt with a #14 Elk hair.

I think you know why!

elkdom
07-25-2011, 12:13 PM
my favorite species is brunettes or redheads, and hopfully none of them smell fishy!

I just hate throwing them back,,,,,,,,,,,

Weatherby Fan
07-25-2011, 12:20 PM
Well I love steelhead fishing in rivers but nothing more exciting than a 30lb Spring Salmon taking 3 or 4 runs and having your reel screaming,not to mention probably the best eating fish on the planet when barbecued......!
WF

elkdom
07-25-2011, 12:30 PM
I'm a really $hitty fisherman,

my biggest catch to date? my own index finger!, 3 hours in emergency, large hook right through my finger joint,,,,

when I go fishing, all the people around me catch fish, even the people without fishing rods and tackle ,

when I go to Safeway to buy some fish, they are sold out,

when I ask a FN guy to sell me a Fraser River turkey?, he says "it aint Thanksgiving yet! then says "FO white bread" !!:?

Leaseman
07-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Sturgeon because they are the ultimate fresh water fishing experience.

My all time favorite.......:mrgreen:

Water is coming down so soon it will be time to chase them again!!!:wink:

I have fished most of what B.C. has to offer and to me nothing beats the challenge of these fish..... of course there is a few on this site that have come out with me that haven't faired too well..... sometimes timing is very important....:cool:

kennyj
07-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Spring salmon. They're awesome.
kenny

crazybushcreature
07-25-2011, 07:03 PM
For lakes i love the fiesty rainbow on the end of the fly line.
For the river a coho on the fly is awesome but it is fun battleing a spring on the fly once in a while.
And i have to add chasing steelhead on the fly allthough i havent landed one yet is a friggin blast. Sure gets the adrenaline pumpin.

SHAKER
07-25-2011, 07:27 PM
Smallmouth bass with sturgeon being a close second. Smallmouths in the spring is super fun, great actions and super table fair.

Sturgeon for the pure battle and fun with couple of friends in the boat.

Bow Walker
07-25-2011, 08:19 PM
I'd have to chime in with fishing for Northern Coho's around about late Sept. or early Oct.

Strip casting with slabs of herring. Just you, a 3 oz weight, and a 10 lb leader.

Coho - a fish that doesn't know when to quit.

Best tasting salmon out there by far.

ques deer
07-25-2011, 08:21 PM
black bass in mexico nothing like it

Big Lew
07-25-2011, 08:38 PM
Steelhead on the fly, followed right behind by northern coho on any light gear.

.300 R.U.M. Grizzly
07-25-2011, 08:48 PM
Perch for the eating. Wish there were lakes in the Cariboo that had em!

noahs ark
07-25-2011, 09:08 PM
One more for steel

NaStY
07-25-2011, 09:53 PM
I used to like trout fishing from a belly boat. Now salmon takes my vote right next to sturgeon. Steelhead are another favorite. Ah crap there all fun to catch. I just wish I had more time to fish.....

Happiest days were watching my kids catch and land salmon on there own.

KB90
07-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Ice fishing for Jackfish!

Me, My Brother, and Grandpa used to go to Saskatchewan every spring break! Brings back lots of memories.

frenchbar
07-25-2011, 10:02 PM
setting the hook on a 8 plus foot sturgeon...and watching him do some ariels is pretty dam cool!

Krico
07-25-2011, 10:24 PM
Pretty tough to beat a head shakin Chinookie! Although a big steelhead or northern coho are a close second for me.

SHAKER
07-25-2011, 10:27 PM
setting the hook on a 8 plus foot sturgeon...and watching him do some ariels is pretty dam cool!

Your right....... I'll change my vote to the o'l fraser vacume #1.
Them Smallies are still pretty sweet though..... I rarely even trout fish anymore.
Largmouth bass on the topwater has it's moments but they sure don't fight the same.

jeff
07-25-2011, 11:07 PM
ling cod and halibut

Johnnybear
07-25-2011, 11:13 PM
I'd have to chime in with fishing for Northern Coho's around about late Sept. or early Oct.

Coho - a fish that doesn't know when to quit.

X2 big time Bow Walker. The acrobatics these fish can drum up on the surface is probably the most fun one can have with salmon.

We love putting away the downriggers and just stripping out line in the prop wash with either a spoon, bucktail, or just black hooks. No flasher or weights just you and the fish.

Awesome fish that grows incredibly fast and the most voracious eater of all the salmon species. Full on attack mode.

My favourite by far on the barbeque:-D.

gerrygoat
07-26-2011, 06:58 AM
I like all fishing, fond of trout on the fly, all salmon on the fly, but my favorite is casting for chinook using a lures like the Kitimat and Koho nothing quite like feeling the line tighten and setting the hook hard :) Coho on spoons is a very close second.

Tikka270wsm
07-26-2011, 07:08 AM
Lake Fishing- Can't beat Wild Rainbows on the fly

Spring/Early Summer River- Gotta be big Brown Trout on the fly on the Cowichan River

Fall/Winter River- Steelhead for sure with big Northern Coho's a close second.

Ocean- Big Springs all the way!

358win
07-26-2011, 08:24 AM
Top water fly hooked into a 4 plus smallie's tough to beat.

Bow Walker
07-26-2011, 09:40 AM
ling cod and halibut
I forgot about ling cod. When I was active in scuba diving I used to go out around Snake Island and shoot a nice ling, and a red snapper. Take home the fillets and cook them up that night. Mmmm. Kelp Greenling are very tasty too. So many species, so little time......

Flin Flon
07-26-2011, 04:41 PM
Can't beat a Pickerel fryed in flour with pepper & salt on a shore with a cold one.