PDA

View Full Version : Most likely the hurt you?? Old tires or firearms malfunction?

emerson
07-25-2011, 10:35 AM
While reviewing many posts on here and CGN about how the newest, greatest, small changes in firearms are required purchases for any responsible firearms owner, the relative costs of other possible safety issues gave me a question.

madrona sh
07-25-2011, 10:52 AM
You need at least 375 or larger caliber with CRF, firing heavy for caliber premium bullets. This combo will make an old tire safe so it can't hurt you. Do not use anything less than the above or some sort of malfunction WILL happen.

Actually I have no idea what your saying. You are comparing an old tire to a rifle malfunction? I don't understand.

hunter1947
07-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Tires all the way.

bcfirefly
07-25-2011, 11:21 AM
old worn out tires are a sleepy killer, jump out at you when you least expect it. I alway carry a .338 loaded up with 300 gr partitions with a shotgun over the shoulder as a back up whenever one of those tires take a charge at me.

on a side note, if you follow manufactures recommendations most people's tires are not up to snuff for what they are using them for. how many of us use basic all terrain tire without the snowflake for winter or have their 'bald' summer tires on?

FirePower
07-25-2011, 11:29 AM
Definately tires as worded, newest and best features in firearms doesn't equait saftey, but if you were to compare "apples to apples"(sort of) and class the firearms as worn out need replacing I think it would be a diffrent story.

emerson
07-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Damn! Now I need a 375 to keep my tires in line....

This is just a way to put how we spend our money in perspective.

elkdom
07-25-2011, 11:51 AM
have several rifles over 100 years old(original chambering and condition), shoot them regularly, hand load for all of them, apparently NOT a safety issue,,,
a NEW firearm can still be misused and blow your face off!

I have 5 vehicles and 3 trailers,licensed/insured and used regularly, my tires never get "old" , they get down to 30% tread wear, they are replaced,,, which is usually about 1 or 1 1/2 years old,

anyone that drives on worn out, weathered tires or shoots a firearm in questionable condition is a moron, and not only endangers themselves, but more importantly, other innocent persons !

madrona sh
07-25-2011, 11:54 AM
I get it. Some people have different priorities. Like they will buy a new stereo for a car but not fix the brakes sort of thing.

Oh and as soon as you get new tires you can go get that 375.

Cheers

elkdom
07-25-2011, 12:02 PM
some people spend their money on booze or dope or gambling and Do not pay their rent, support their family or work,

it is ALL about priorities, a personal choice!

leadpillproductions
07-25-2011, 12:22 PM
As a tire guy tires can kill u quick if your not carefull . But if u are careless with both you cant be surprised when one blows up and goes boom.

Darksith
07-25-2011, 02:14 PM
did jelvis's alter ego start this thread? Its confusing like no other. I find when you have a question, its best just to simply ask it rather than form a riddle. Now jel's riddles are different, they don't seek opinions or riddles, you need to solve it to get the useful info out of it, not into it.