PDA

View Full Version : Archery, rinehart r-100 confirmed

Mountain Man
07-25-2011, 10:31 AM
Hardcore Archery Shop in Kelowna is very excited to announce that the very popular Rinehart R-100 3D Archery shoot is confirmed for 2012 in Kelowna BC.

We spoke today to the organizer of the shoot and we are 100% on the schedule !! Its taken us 3 years to pull this off and all we can hope now is that the date will not conflict to much. We will not have a date until September. Rinehart stops at 17-20 different states each year, they are in the process of coordinating with these 20 clubs as we speak. We are at the mercy of there dates unfortunately. British Columbia will have a busy year as Provincials, Nationals, and R-100 are just among a few for next season.

We will do our best to keep you posted on the date, all that has been said so far is that July may be the month. This is not 100%.

This shoot will attract 500-800 shooters !!!! We feel at this time that our facility can comfortable hold 500. Between Alberta, Saskatchewan, and BC, We are sitting at a confirmed number of 300 already. This will be a strict cut off and if you are interested HBC will not be the place to register. We will be posting phone numbers and e-mails asap. Rinehart has a on line registration to pre pay and pre register on there web site. Its to early to do this but we are giving you the heads up now as this will fill very fast.

Keep checking back or bookmark this forum as I will be up dating this information as much as possible.

Mountain Man
07-25-2011, 11:20 AM
Rinehart R-100 Tutorial

Many archers do not know what a R-100 is, how it works, or why its popular. I hope this answers some questions for you.

Rinehart is a US manufacture of 3 dimensional life size animal archery targets. Some feel the quality and realism of there targets is the best in the world.

Every year Rinehart drags a semi trailer across the USA with a $100,000 in targets to as many a 20 different states.

A few years ago they made there first and only stop to Canada until now. With border complications it did not look like they would be coming back any time soon.

Hardcore Archery Shop in Kelowna, BC. has been attending these shoots each year state side, and has been communicating with the manufacture for 3 seasons lobbying for them to come back. 2012 will be a great year to be a archer in BC !

Once a date has been set a archery will need to visit http://www.r100.org/ to pre register. Kelowna Bc will be the only Canadian stop for 2012 and the cut off will fill fast.

The Kelowna date will be posted in September.

Archers will be able to camp on site or arrange accommodations in Kelowna on the Friday of the shoot date.

This shoot may not offer on site registration due to the numbers, and will more than likely fill on line, TBA.

Archers will shoot 50 targets Saturday, and 50 targets Sunday. Shooters will not shoot the same target twice all weekend. 100 different targets.

A shoot of this nature will require patience, as the down time at each target can be 20 minutes for groups to clear. Shooters will need to pack a folding chair and some snacks.

The difference in this shoot is that you may not be back to the club house or parking lot until all 50 targets have been shot. Families with young children may want to keep this in mind.

If this is the case there will be outhouses, and a snack shack somewhere on the course. There may even be a beverage/ snack cart. It can take as much as 6 hours to complete the 50 target round. It is a marathon, so be prepared.

This is not a compatision style event, it is a novelty shoot. Archers that exceed a score of 1000 will be awarded pins. The shoot is designed for fun, and a opportunity to see, and shoot targets that are one of a kind, and can only be seen at a R-100.

There are targets such as life size elephants, giraffes, rhinos, gargoyles, and many other unique targets known for this shoot.

There can be upwards of $10,000 in door prizes.

trevstar33
07-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Great news...Can't wait....

Bow Walker
07-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Congratulations on the culmination of all your hard work! Great score.

BowSitter
07-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Looking forward to it!!
Hope the Rinehart boys are smart enough to not hold it on the weekend of our Provicials or Nationals. Would hate to miss the R=100 as I have shot three of them in Olympia before.
Well done and good luck!

Mountain Man
07-25-2011, 07:18 PM
Typically Olympia Washington is the first weekend of July, This being said this is as close as the road trip gets to Kelowna, I have a feeling they are planning the R-100 the second weekend in July. If that were to conflict with Salmon Arm Provincials the organizer said he would leave the semi truck in Washington, fly home and then fly back to bring the rig up to Kelowna on the 3rd weekend of july. These are some of the details we are working out. Im pretty sure July will be the month if I were to bet.

Thanks for the support guys.

Jonas111
07-27-2011, 07:30 PM
This is a once and a lifetime shoot. This extremely exciting news to hear. I can hardly wait for next season.

Congrats on the success.

Bowzone_Mikey
07-29-2011, 07:31 PM
this is great news ...great work Kory and crew ....

I have attended this shoot before in Co'ord'lane(or however the hell you spell it)

Looking forward to it

If its held just before or just after nationals ... that would attract alot more to Nationals as well ...
This is great for the sport in BC

xtremearchery
08-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Awesome! keep me posted please.